• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

A national must see....

Started by usc4valpo, October 21, 2012, 04:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Marist players of the week on Facebook are all identified on their pictures as they have been for all the games this season.  Not sure what you are talking about VULB#62.  Check again, all the info is there.

VULB#62

After noting your comment 90, I went back through every pic or album for the Marist game.  I could not see any names.  Yet, if I looked at other postings, like the Breast Cancer Awareness picture, I could readily see a clearly written caption with the names of the people involved.  I saw a written entry about Pastor Char.  There is a clearly visible note about Sandy and people on the east coast.  I finally clicked on one of the players photos and it revealed the hidden detail.  I stand corrected.  But it took your comment and it has taken me this long to figure out something that IMO should have been presented a bit better.  I'm not a Facebook fan and only an occasional viewer (actually only for Valpo FB) and I suspect there may be others that look for and appreciate simple, more straightforward presentation.  It's a small thing, but ......

One thing I will add is that I am glad that these pics are still being posted despite the scarcity of blogs lately.

crusadermoe

Sounds like we are in full "retweet".     
Hey, "USC", keep up the Gameday scenario!    Nice work!     
But I wouldn't object if Fox picked up the game (after a bidding war) and we got to see Erin Andrews commentary.     Actually, she really does a heck of a job on that channel and knows her stuff cold.     Joey.....not so much.

usc4valpo

Since the game is in Buies Creek, NC, and when Gameday "comes into their city," would it be more appropriate to open up the show with the Andy Griffin theme song?

historyman

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 02, 2012, 07:40:08 AMSince the game is in Buies Creek, NC, and when Gameday "comes into their city," would it be more appropriate to open up the show with the Andy Griffin theme song?

Andy Griffin, the English footballer who plays for Doncaster Rovers at full back? Does he have a theme song?

Andy has also played for Stoke City (3 times), Newcastle United, Tyneside, Portsmouth, Derby County and Reading. He was once bought for 1.5 million pounds.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

QuoteHe was once bought for 1.5 million pounds.

heavy, man
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

crusadermoe

Pre-game tailgating and hoopla?.........that features Lee Corso eating "possum stew"?   

jetz

Quote from: jetz on October 24, 2012, 06:37:59 PM
As ever, if you build it (and change the dry campus thing), they will come.

This is a program that's gonna give it a shot.  Chicago State is the baseball equivalent of Valpo football.  The Cougars were 12-40 last year and had an RPI of 294 (out of 297).  They had less than 10 wins in 2011 as well, I think.  Even with that track record, check out this plan:

http://www.collegebaseballinsider.com/12Articles/CSU%20Stadium.html

Good for them.  Great to see a down and out program try to lift itself up.  Plus, they are on the Valpo baseball schedule so we'll get to play on their nice new field.  Why can't we do this?
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

VULB#62

Jetz, it's the same question many of us have been asking over and over.

valporun

And yet, Chicago State will still struggle to get the kind of student-athletes the big schools would get with a stadium like this.

valpotx

Chicago State had a terrible field, but one where you could easily hit HRs.  I believe Brian Wolotka hit 3 or 4 HRs in a doubleheader there my FR year of ball.  Good for them in building this, but they will still have trouble attracting better athletes to that school, especially without a true conference.  I feel bad that my ex-teammate is no longer the head coach there after being let go this past summer, as he had very little to work with budget-wise to make that program into anything special.  I am not sure that $2.5 million can buy you much in the way of stands or extra amenities?
"Don't mess with Texas"