• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

A Fresh Look at the 2014 Season

Started by VULB#62, December 14, 2013, 08:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valporun

I'm guessing the PFL hasn't removed Mercer from the website because the season isn't officially over yet, and they're contracted to the PFL until a certain date they have agreed to leaving the league.

NuPudge

I know we had posted that we were looking for another game to replace the Mercer spot.. Did we land another team yet?

LaPorteAveApostle

John Mutka does an off-season article on the boys--I'm posting the link rather than the article because your click will let the Post know there are still VUFB fans!

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/26960014-556/mutka-tailback-riches-shift-valparaisos-offensive-outlook.html#.U1V31l5swkE
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

usc4valpo

Nice article.  Stay away from the Osteen quotes and the defective shilelds and we are on our way!

VULB#62

I'm encouraged by the move to diversify the offense and add more rushing to the mix.  The class of 2014 is heavy in QBs but kind of light in the RB department.  Hopefully good quality among them could add needed rushing depth in the backfield.  When Hutson went down last season, it seemed that the staff ditched the running game (what little and unimaginative it was) altogether.  I don't think Cecchini will do that.  Actually, starting off by first developing the running game, rather than the other way around, provides a great fallback for those times when the timing in the passing game is off or an opponent defends it well.

What I really want to see, however, is how the defense is being adjusted to keep the team in games going into the fourth quarter.  The past 4 seasons we generally were out of games by the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter.    :-[

VALPOPAL -- hope you're out there at the Spring Game with that great camera of yours and can bring us a slew of good pics. 

AARON -- It would also be nice to have a highlight video of the game available afterwards for us fans who can 't make it to Brown Field.