• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo - San Diego (10/8)

Started by covufan, October 04, 2011, 05:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Could be a long 5 weeks until Campbell comes to town.  San Diego this weekend.  The defense needs to show improvement during the next few weeks. 

Valpo - 17

SD     - 38

historyman

San Diego 54
Valpo    10

The Valpo defense will not have much to show against a very good offense. San Diego scored 48 against Morehead.

The only chance Valpo has to win is to outscore the opponent and the offense has not progressed that far this year.

Sorry to have to say it but the Crusaders have no chance.

valpopal

San Diego  48
Valpo        14

Scrub

I agree, SD 49--VU 10.  I was surprised so many people picked VU to win last week against Morehead.  Maybe they were all hoping since it was Homecoming.  Last years Morehead score and this years score were similar 37-15 and 38-14.  Last years San Diego score was 30-10, I don't think it will be that close this year.

milanmiracle

San Diego 48 Valpo 13 - In general Valpo is better than last year because when the other team puts their 3rd stringers out there, VU can actually score occasionally. I thought about VU getting 20, but I haven't seen the progress to predict that.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

cornonthe

setshot

2Q: SD-21,VU-0. Next week we win at Butler! :crazy:

vuweathernerd

KL31NY

Still not great overall, but two touchdown drives to open the 2nd half. 3rd down conversion on the ground for Hoffman followed by a 75 yd TD pass to Ali-El makes it 35-14 San Diego, 9:25 in the 3rd.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

milanmiracle

Quote from: KL31NY on October 08, 2011, 02:50:27 PM
Still not great overall, but two touchdown drives to open the 2nd half. 3rd down conversion on the ground for Hoffman followed by a 75 yd TD pass to Ali-El makes it 35-14 San Diego, 9:25 in the 3rd.

...and then San Diego remembered they were still playing a football game and scored 20 unanswered.

Final 55-14  :snore:
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

setshot

The loss to SD kept VU at #246 in the Sagarin ratings for the 2nd. week in a row. Will Butler add to the continuation of this trend? Probably. Last is good. Go Valpo!

KL31NY

Noticed that some of the predictions were close to the actual score and did some analysis:

Best pick: valpotx (52-14), only three off SD's total
Other notables: valpopal (48-14), correct VU score; historyman (54-10), 5 points total off

Average score from predictions (rounded to nearest whole): 50-14

Nice job, board!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176