• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2016 Spring Football

Started by VU2624, March 10, 2016, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on April 19, 2016, 12:28:47 PMNice touch there too.  Normally, I've observed the players wandering in in dribs and drabs to get themselves ready before a game.  In this case, I would assume they had a team meeting or something, maybe in the FB offices, prior to them going over to the locker room, yes? Just seemed a little out of the way for the players, not so for the new kids.

The morning of a game is full of meetings, typically. To have the squad near the bell at one time wouldn't be all that difficult to accomplish. The recruits were the dribbers and drabbers in this case. Other than the short introduction during the luncheon, there didn't appear to be any organized events for them.

Where did you see the mass ringing of bell? There's reference to it in a tweet however no pics or vid.

VULB#62

Once in 2014 -- After the Davidson win to end the season.  I wished that I had the opportunity to witness the Butler win (the bell must have been extra special loud on that day).  I hope we get a minimum of 2 out of 5 home wins to celebrate this fall.  Figuring Trinity International followed by Davidson.  Afterwards it's Drake Butler and Jacksonville -- who knows.

vu72

Quote from: VU2624 on April 19, 2016, 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on April 19, 2016, 12:28:47 PMNice touch there too.  Normally, I've observed the players wandering in in dribs and drabs to get themselves ready before a game.  In this case, I would assume they had a team meeting or something, maybe in the FB offices, prior to them going over to the locker room, yes? Just seemed a little out of the way for the players, not so for the new kids.

The morning of a game is full of meetings, typically. To have the squad near the bell at one time wouldn't be all that difficult to accomplish. The recruits were the dribbers and drabbers in this case. Other than the short introduction during the luncheon, there didn't appear to be any organized events for them.

Where did you see the mass ringing of bell? There's reference to it in a tweet however no pics or vid.
[/b]

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=valpo%20football

Scroll down a little to find the video.

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VU2624

Quote from: vu72 on April 19, 2016, 05:26:17 PM
Quote from: VU2624 on April 19, 2016, 02:24:13 PM
The morning of a game is full of meetings, typically. To have the squad near the bell at one time wouldn't be all that difficult to accomplish. The recruits were the dribbers and drabbers in this case. Other than the short introduction during the luncheon, there didn't appear to be any organized events for them. Where did you see the mass ringing of bell? There's reference to it in a tweet however no pics or vid.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=valpo%20football# Scroll down a little to find the video.

Thanks. Hadn't seen that.

VULB#62

I know I'm a little late on this, but here is Paul Oren's article on the Spring Game.

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/football/college/clarke-makes-case-to-be-valparaiso-s-quarterback/article_2deb1ff3-9bd1-5f4c-bf72-1cc3d2a58f01.html

Biggest take away for me is that Ryan showed well, but Cecchini will not name a Fall starter until after August camp.  And even then he will play multiple QBs in the OOC portion of the schedule. That makes perfect sense.  Dalton, Paul noted, should be cleared to play by then.  All we have is tape on the 4 freshmen QBs, and who knows how they'll perform vs. live college pressure.

VU2624

Coach said that he always plays 2 in the early OOC games. Maybe 3. So I don't expect a starter to be named even coming out of camp in early Sept.

As far as Dalton is concerned, that is a tough injury for a QB. I hope he makes his return to full health for camp but I'm conservative with that measurement.

VULB#62

Yep, for Valpo, it's all about PFL results. Be nice to win a couple of OOC games going in, but right now, until we become consistently good, development takes the lead over OOC wins.  If we wanted wins we could schedule Missouri Baptist three weeks in a row, but what would we gain  ::)