• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #9 Butler for the Helmet

Started by VULB#62, October 22, 2016, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Another sorry showing. Missing not one, but two extra points? no excuse. Allowing 275 rushing yards at home? no excuse. What has happened to Jarett Morgan? Two years ago he looked like a player who would be a first team all-PFL player during his upperclassman years. 12 yards on 10 carries??

It's obvious how next week will go at Dayton. Can only hope we don't lose by more than 21. Gotta recoup and show some sign of dignity against Jacksonville. It's time to see results. This team has won 5 D-I games since the new coaching staff has gotten here and three of those are against the only D-I team in the entire country worse than us.

VU2624

retweet from Coach:

QuoteNo excuses. No explanations. You don't win on emotion – You win on execution. – Tony Dungy

Step away from it some more coach.

VU2624

Quote from: Vinny on October 30, 2016, 10:19:51 AMAnother sorry showing. Missing not one, but two extra points? no excuse. Allowing 275 rushing yards at home? no excuse. What has happened to Jarett Morgan? Two years ago he looked like a player who would be a first team all-PFL player during his upperclassman years. 12 yards on 10 carries?? It's obvious how next week will go at Dayton. Can only hope we don't lose by more than 21. Gotta recoup and show some sign of dignity against Jacksonville. It's time to see results. This team has won 5 D-I games since the new coaching staff has gotten here and three of those are against the only D-I team in the entire country worse than us.

The OL gave them nothing yesterday and Butler sold out vs. the run to make Seewald beat them and it didn't happen despite some opportunities.

Also, Jarrett's not a big kid. He's probably worn down from too many carries getting him beat up. He really needs at least another back to split carries with. Unfortunately there isn't another back on the roster who's demonstrated any sense of dynamic ability. One guy is good in short yardage and maybe should be used more in giving Jarrett a break.

Dayton's ability to run the ball should be pretty concerning considering Coach Moore's post game praised efforts vs. Butler.

usc4valpo

I have agree that Coach C and others are buffing a turd on their performance yesterday and in their coaching behaviors.

If you look at the objectives of Valpo's football based on the charter released a few years ago, they should be competing in the PFL. They are still in the bottom third of the worst football conference in college football. It is better than it was 3 years ago, and Coach C is fixing a train wreck of a program. At least they compete in most games. Next year, they need to show significant improvement and quit talking about lessons learned.

I serious think at least a 5-6 record needs to happen next year, or Valpo needs to assess their football program.

valpo64

Saw the disappointing game yesterday.  We only show 4 seniors on the entire roster?  I think we should forward to a much better season next year.  Mistakes and inexperience cost us...the 1st qtr interception /or fumble recovery for a TD(I didn't see the play), defensive backfield, kicking game, QB.  It made me all the more ready for BB.

IndyValpo

No doubt Butler pushed us around but think of this, the defense gave up 16 points.  Based on that alone we should win this game. 

usc4valpo

Indy - I agree, but the score did not indicate how the game went.

bbtds

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 31, 2016, 10:45:23 AM
Indy - I agree, but the score did not indicate how the game went.

Butler should have scored a bunch more points. I only saw the second half and then had to leave. Very, very disappointing!

usc4valpo

agree - sorry, but warm fuzzies after that game need to be limited. Valpo's performance was below expectations.

Dojan123

Coach C's first full recruitment class are now sophomores. He had limited impact on the juniors. We will see these lineman next year with another 15 - 20 pounds. They will also know the system. I am okay with excuses this year but starting next year they need to show they are over the hump. More importantly the coaching staff needs to show they can keep the kids motivated to come back as Juniors (unless financial issues have the kids drop).

Vinny

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 30, 2016, 11:55:43 AM
I have agree that Coach C and others are buffing a turd on their performance yesterday and in their coaching behaviors.

If you look at the objectives of Valpo's football based on the charter released a few years ago, they should be competing in the PFL. They are still in the bottom third of the worst football conference in college football. It is better than it was 3 years ago, and Coach C is fixing a train wreck of a program. At least they compete in most games. Next year, they need to show significant improvement and quit talking about lessons learned.

I serious think at least a 5-6 record needs to happen next year, or Valpo needs to assess their football program.
I have to think the student enrollment - and more importantly the tens of thousands of dollars the football players have to pay for them to be able to say they're a "Division I" football player - will forever keep Valpo football up and running regardless of how inept the program may be. The tuition money brought in by football has to be of some help to the overall athletic budget, right?