• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Week 1 Indiana Wesleyan

Started by valpofb16, August 29, 2021, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Carlsons offense was much better than Limbachs. Now defensively.........

ProudCrusader

Get the ball is #2's hands... apparently Limbaugh can't figure this out.

VUSWIM08-12

Oh Valpo , back to what we know. Bad football. Do we cut into the score  in the second or does IWU extend? Coach Fox was too complacent at the beginning of this game. Boys weren't hyped at all. I'm at the game BTW

valpofb16

I just hoped we keep this within 4 touchdowns.

JD24

Defense hasn't been stellar however I've never been impressed with Limbach's offense. It's high school-ish and still looks very disorganized.

valpofb16

Our offensive line is still classified as young but they are getting very outplayed

3rd pick for Berry.

usc4valpo

valpofb16

North Dakota State.

Defense gave up 21 , once again we'll enough to win. Special teams gave up 7.

Defense playing well enough to win has been story going on it's 3rd season.

We have had several transfers to boost our offense. FCS Scholarship QB. Two FBS Runningbacks and an FBS Tight End.

We scored 10 points. Had several three and outs. Oline play was cause for concern. But all 5 starters returned. Not sure what else program can do to help Limbach get it going.

bbtds

I guess instead of the Beacons lighting the way for a win they were lit up by the Wildcats.

There is definitely some talent at Valpo but they must organize and play as a team. This loss is on the coaches.

ValpoDr

Overhyped "Spring" season that leads to a crash course of reality. This team has nothing more than mediocre HS football players. It's D1 with zero athletic scholarships. And the 'coaching' staff....good Lord. Fox looks like he has whiskey in his water bottle and calls the same horrible, predictable plays time and time again. But hey! Congrats on that bada$$ 'winning' 6 game Spring season champ!! Woot woot!

usc4valpo

Embarrassing. The honeymoon is over for Fox.no more excuses.

usc4valpo

The spring season was an exhibition and nothing more. You cannot assess much much from those games other than they got a chance to move around.

valpofb16

ValpoDr a lot of those "mediocre high school players" were in fact very productive at that level. Also Fox does not call plays and certainly does not drink at games.

ValpoDr

You can't deny the talent. It's bad. The coaching. Bad. Why do think this team has sucked for as long as it has? Hmmm

usc4valpo

16- I agree with your comments but Fox has some gaps to work on and resolve expeditiously.

valpofb16

Lol name your athletic accomplishments. These kids work hard and for most part are great additions to University.

Have fun being you mate

usc4valpo

Dr, please chill. You are making a fool out of yourself. The Beacos are in a power outage and Fox needs to be held accountable, and the  team needs a lot of help, leave it at that.

valpo04

Let's stick with discussing the team and leave the other comments out.

Thanks!

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on September 04, 2021, 08:31:55 PMValpoDr a lot of those "mediocre high school players" were in fact very productive at that level. Also Fox does not call plays and certainly does not drink at games.

I assume Fox picks the staff...particularly the coordinators.

Was Washington banged up during the game? Any game in which he doesn't carry the ball twice as much, at least, than any other RB should have Fox in Limbach's ear the entire trip home. He had 6 carries so if he wasn't banged up during the game, maybe Limbach should have had to walk home.

The turnovers killed them.

valpofb16

JD24 he left game limping but came back. Our Runningbacks were getting hit in the backfield every play. All gains were after contact.

OL really struggled.

vu72

Quote from: JD24 on September 04, 2021, 10:56:06 PMWas Washington banged up during the game?

He had to be. I remember him limping off after about the first series.  I think we have several guys banged up and hopefully not out for the season.  I also saw Charlie Maxwell holding his left wrist and one of our lineman limped off with some help.  We got our a$$es kicked, plain and simple.

Oh, and one more thing--the Volleyball team is pretty good!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on September 05, 2021, 07:37:18 AMJD24 he left game limping but came back. Our Runningbacks were getting hit in the backfield every play. All gains were after contact. OL really struggled.
Washington limped off after his carry on the 2nd series. The only reason Nimz came in at all is because the officials sent Berry to the sidelines after he "ran" with the ball on a read option. Maybe he took a shot in his head. His helmet didn't come off. He was back in after two plays.

I said this last year as well. Can we run a play in which the QB takes the snap, sets his feet and makes a throw? Everything has the QB moving which is going to be tough on everyone. The 2nd pick was because he didn't pick up the sitting CB in front of the receiver while running right and throwing back across his body. The 1stpick , btw, was because Reese either fell down or was pushed down. Hard to tell. Regardless, he wasn't particularly open. That brings up another point, why are our receivers under constant duress as well. The other side is only playing with 11 and they seem to be perpetually around all of the QB, RB or WR. Someone has to be free.

Getting back to Washington....I assume he sits this upcoming week no matter what his injury situation is. Why risk it in a game which is a "you've got to be kidding me" game at this point. The team may not win a game without him.

Also...to the admin....thank you.