• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. YSU (Feb. 11) Game Thread

Started by valpopal, February 10, 2012, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUfan

So we owe our First place to Butler beating CSU. that really hurts!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: VUfan on February 12, 2012, 12:56:04 PM

don't look at it like that. look at it from the standpoint of "we hammered csu at their place." technically we did it ourselves. their game with butler was an afterthought.

valpospartan

From Butler's view, having a hand in putting Valpo in first place has got to sting.   :lol:

zvillehaze

Quote from: valpospartan on February 12, 2012, 02:59:43 PM

From Butler's view, having a hand in putting Valpo in first place has got to sting.   :lol:

I may not be the typical Butler fan, but it doesn't bother me at all. After this season, I'm just thrilled with a road win ... if it helps out Valpo, so be it.

Barring the collapse of all collapses, Valpo will hang a Horizon League regular season championship banner in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year.  Great accomplishment for the program.

StlVUFan

I half suspect you are a typical Butler fan.

While I'll leave open the question of Butler fan arrogance (which Nildogg likes to play at), I seriously doubt very many Butler fans are stung by someone else winning the regular season title.  For one thing, I think it would take a significant inferiority complex to motivate such a reaction, and I certainly don't believe any such thing resides in Indy.

historyman

Quote from: StlVUFan on February 12, 2012, 06:44:59 PM
I half suspect you are a typical Butler fan.

While I'll leave open the question of Butler fan arrogance (which Nildogg likes to play at), I seriously doubt very many Butler fans are stung by someone else winning the regular season title.  For one thing, I think it would take a significant inferiority complex to motivate such a reaction, and I certainly don't believe any such thing resides in Indy.

Don't give Butler fans too much credit. Always remember that Jim Jones (of drink the koolaid fame), George Ryan (former Illinois governor and current resident of a Federal prison) and Peter Lupus (actor who played Willy on Mission:Impossible--TV show) were all Butler graduates.  ;)

VUfan

Well forget YSU move on to UIC the new most important Game.That is the way with this part of the season if you are any Good!!! Are we? I think yes