• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

ESPN article ranks Valpo as best HL job

Started by valpotx, June 06, 2012, 11:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

With Butler now gone, our men's basketball head coaching position is the top-rated job in the HL according to ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/59777/ranking-the-coaching-jobs-the-others
"Don't mess with Texas"

milanmiracle

You'll also notice the Horizon League falls into the "other" category for conferences. A10, Missouri Valley, C-USA, Moutain West, and the WCC have write ups on their own.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

valpotx

The Summit League doesn't even get a mention  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

Yeah, they did, but way down:

"Summit
Best: Oakland -- No more Oral Roberts, so the we'll-play-anyone Golden Grizzlies were the easy pick here. But are they long for the Summit League? They've made no secret of wanting to be Butler's replacement in the Horizon.
Worst: Missouri-Kansas City -- This honor probably would've gone to Southern Utah, but it's off to the Big Sky. So UMKC it is. "

valpotx

When I originally viewed/posted the article, that wasn't there, and I looked hard because I wanted to see what they said.  I think they caught the mistake when someone pointed it out
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on June 07, 2012, 10:15:01 AM
When I originally viewed/posted the article, that wasn't there, and I looked hard because I wanted to see what they said.  I think they caught the mistake when someone pointed it out

Modern technology really sucks when yopu you want to point out a mistake. Because if you do the writer cab can always go back and correct it.

It's like if the murder weapon is an icicle and you save the evidence for the police but it slowly melts away when the police arrive.

We are in such "unappreciated" times.   >:( :P