• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The new white goon

Started by wh, April 21, 2011, 09:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Maybe a Pacers fan can comment on this.  Is Greg Foster the reincarnation of Bill Laimbeer, or did he just become a thug in this series?

Oh, the tie to Valpo basketball?  Foster reminds me somewhat of Vujic, although that's probably an insult to Ivan.  ;)

IndyValpo

You are kidding right?  First time watching NBA playoff basketball?  Playoff basketball is all about hard fouls. If you think the Pacers are roughing your boys up, wait until they face a legitimate playoff team.  The Pacers are the 8 seed and are giving the Bulls all they want including physically.

BTW, his name is Jeff Foster.

sectionee

That is the only talent Foster brings to this series.  These Pacers remind me of the Bulls the past couple of seasons, giving the top seed all it can handle.  This will help the young Pacers in the next few years to come. 

Go Bulls!

wh

Quote from: IndyValpo on April 21, 2011, 10:25:39 PM
Playoff basketball is all about hard fouls. If you think the Pacers are roughing your boys up, wait until they face a legitimate playoff team.  The Pacers are the 8 seed and are giving the Bulls all they want including physically.

I've been tuning in to this year's playoff games pretty closely, and I honestly don't see that kind of stuff going on in any of the other games.  I know the purpose is to try to intimidate the other team, but IMO it has a look of desperation and cheapens the good things the Pacers are otherwise doing.  It doesn't seem to be having any effect either.  Rose and Deng are determined to drive the basket regardless, and they're picking up extra points at the line in the process. 

Other than that, I'm impressed with the Pacers game and game plan.  Doubling Rose out front and forcing him to give up the ball was very effective.  At the same time they completely took Boozer out of the game by putting someone bigger on him.  With Rose and Boozer scoring a combined 27 points, I'm surprised the Bulls were able to pull the game out - especially on the road.   

covufan

After recent Pacers draft picks Steve Stipanovich, Stuart Gray and Greg Dreiling, when the Pacers took Rik Smits a local radio/TV personality (Mark Patrick) joked that Smits brought several things to the table.  I can't remember what they were, but they spelled STIFF!

rlh

Quote from: covufan on May 09, 2011, 03:27:08 PM
After recent Pacers draft picks Steve Stipanovich, Stuart Gray and Greg Dreiling, when the Pacers took Rik Smits a local radio/TV personality (Mark Patrick) joked that Smits brought several things to the table.  I can't remember what they were, but they spelled STIFF!
Not sure what you remember, but I remember Smits as a pretty good player. Not great by any means, but certainly not a STIFF

covufan

Quote from: rlh on May 09, 2011, 04:13:16 PM
After recent Pacers draft picks Steve Stipanovich, Stuart Gray and Greg Dreiling, when the Pacers took Rik Smits a local radio/TV personality (Mark Patrick) joked that Smits brought several things to the table.  I can't remember what they were, but they spelled STIFF!
Not sure what you remember, but I remember Smits as a pretty good player. Not great by any means, but certainly not a STIFF

Yes, I remember him as a good player.  My comment had to do with a radio guy making a joke out of the Pacers pick of Smits.  He did indeed turn out NOT to be a STIFF, but it was funny when I heard it at the time. 

rlh

Quote from: covufan on May 09, 2011, 04:50:21 PM
Quote from: rlh on May 09, 2011, 04:13:16 PM

Yes, I remember him as a good player.  My comment had to do with a radio guy making a joke out of the Pacers pick of Smits.  He did indeed turn out NOT to be a STIFF, but it was funny when I heard it at the time. 
Sorry, I didn't get the joke....my bad