• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Syracuse and Boeheim

Started by vu84v2, March 06, 2015, 02:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

I can't say that I feel bad for Syracuse and Boeheim. There has always seemed to be a stench around that program, and I am not at all surprised to see the program and Boeheim penalized by the NCAA. Maybe the media will look a little more critically at the character of coaches before singing their praises as great leaders.

Of course, with the reduced scholarships at Syracuse there will be less basketball players that can "play big time basketball".

VU75

Wasn't Boeheim the coach who made the insulting remark when Bryce deciced on Valpo?

frontrowfan

Quote from: VU75 on March 06, 2015, 02:38:38 PM
Wasn't Boeheim the coach who made the insulting remark when Bryce deciced on Valpo?
I am almost embarrassed to tell anyone I have a graduate degree from Syracuse

vu84v2

Boeheim was the one who told Bryce that he guessed that Bryce didn't want to play big time because he chose Valpo over Syracuse. To me, that just showed what a creep Boeheim is.

Best part of the Boeheim comment was when Valpo won in 1998 tournament. In the post game press conference, Bryce (who is as classy as anyone you'll ever know of) said "I guess now we are big time".

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa