• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Loyola and Drake NCAA Tourney

Started by valpo84, March 18, 2021, 07:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 27, 2021, 08:40:24 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on March 27, 2021, 08:33:14 PMMoser to Indiana. Takes Williamson and Kruwig with him. Hehe

That's not real is it? Also I thought Williamson and Krutwig would only be allowed to play for Loyola am I wrong?

I think you are.  Mileek is a senior as is Robinson and they are in the transfer portal.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

crusader05

Seniors can enter the transfer for their extra year of eligibility BUT their scholarship will count against the cap. The only place where they get the "extra" scholarship is if they stay at their original school.

humbleopinion

I don't see either Krutwig or Williamson enhancing their profile by transfering. A Sweet Sixteen run is realistically the height most college players could expect. Another year in college is another year in which they subject themselves to injury, sacrificing the potential earnings they could get wherever they would make it in professional play.
Beamin' Beacons

Just Sayin

Yeah, better to chase after the money.

valpopal

Since we have been speaking about tournament shares for the MVC (and Valpo) due to the games played by Loyola and Drake, I was wondering if anyone knows how much money Butler is getting from the NCAA for use of Hinkle Fieldhouse? This bonus must have been a pleasant surprise for them, not to mention all the tremendous free publicity they have received.

IrishDawg

Quote from: valpopal on March 28, 2021, 01:13:37 PM
Since we have been speaking about tournament shares for the MVC (and Valpo) due to the games played by Loyola and Drake, I was wondering if anyone knows how much money Butler is getting from the NCAA for use of Hinkle Fieldhouse? This bonus must have been a pleasant surprise for them, not to mention all the tremendous free publicity they have received.

All of it, lol.

Actually probably not THAT much considering the City of Indianapolis is allowing the NCAA to use Lucas Oil Stadium rent free for the tournament and the convention center at a significantly reduced rate.  I'm sure for places like IUPUI, Butler, Purdue and Indiana, there's probably a fee, but given that those are member institutions of the organization putting on the event, it's probably much less than a separate facility would bring in.