• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Rowdy surpasses 1000 point milestone.

Started by koala, February 18, 2012, 05:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koala

Well done Ryan for reaching 1000 points so far, the 31st player in Crusader basketball history.    :thumbsup:

valpopal

Congratulations! This is even more remarkable because Rowdy is such an unselfish player.

valpospartan

Quote from: valpopal on February 18, 2012, 06:44:15 PM
Congratulations! This is even more remarkable because Rowdy is such an unselfish player.

And a rebounding machine to boot.

FWalum

Congratulations Ryan! Keep up the hard work. I love your effort in all aspects of the game.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vu72

Best all around player since Dan Oppland, probably better.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

I think he has a good chance to be one of top 5 players to ever wear a Crusader uniform in the D-1 era, if not already.  If he leads the Crusader to a couple of HL championships before he's done, he could be a future Hall of Fame candidate.

valpotx

I would think that if he keeps up this pace for next year as well, he will definitely be considered for HoF.  Winning the championship this year will cement it.  I definitely consider him one of the top 10 currently, and if he gets us to the NCAA tournament, it puts him in the top 5-6 of those that I have seen play (since 1999-2000 season).
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

historyman

Nice job by a special player and great representative for Valpo.

FWalum

Great Article.  Gee whiz, I'm proud that he represents Valparaiso University, I can't imagine how proud his family must be.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vuweathernerd

great article indeed. and i liked reading that he has no intention of bailing after this year. getting an education is oh so important, as he was quoted as saying, in case basketball doesn't work out down the road. go rowdy!!

makes me wonder how former valpo opponent greg oden is feeling about leaving after 1 year at ohio state. in four or so years pro, he's only played the equivalent of one season, and he's now out for the remainder of this year too with another microfracture surgery.

milanmiracle

Quote from: vuweathernerd on February 21, 2012, 02:31:42 PM
great article indeed. and i liked reading that he has no intention of bailing after this year. getting an education is oh so important, as he was quoted as saying, in case basketball doesn't work out down the road. go rowdy!!

makes me wonder how former valpo opponent greg oden is feeling about leaving after 1 year at ohio state. in four or so years pro, he's only played the equivalent of one season, and he's now out for the remainder of this year too with another microfracture surgery.

In his career he made 22 million dollars and is making 1.5 million this year. My guess is he's feeling pretty good about leaving after only 1 year. If he would have stayed and had all these injury issues in college, how much money would he have made? I suspect if he wants to go back to Ohio State for classes he can afford it. Call it a hunch.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

vuweathernerd

Quote from: milanmiracle on February 21, 2012, 02:57:40 PM
Quote from: vuweathernerd on February 21, 2012, 02:31:42 PM

In his career he made 22 million dollars and is making 1.5 million this year. My guess is he's feeling pretty good about leaving after only 1 year. If he would have stayed and had all these injury issues in college, how much money would he have made? I suspect if he wants to go back to Ohio State for classes he can afford it. Call it a hunch.

very true. the real losers are the trail blazers. this is the second time in less than 30 years that they've been burned by the number 1 pick, while the number 2 guy has gone on to be extremely productive. but i digress. now back to your regularly scheduled thread congratulating rowdy on his accomplishments.

covufan

Barring injury next year, Rowdy should move into some good territory - Top 8 or even better!

vu72

Quote from: covufan on February 21, 2012, 03:24:20 PM
Barring injury next year, Rowdy should move into some good territory - Top 8 or even better!

Presuming he averages the same (15.0) for the rest of the year--5 games? and then does the exact same next year, he would have 1640 points which would put him 5th, just a head of Raitis at 1621 and within a good shot of Lubos at No. 5 with 1675.  Let's hope and pray he stays healthy!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

covufan

Quote from: valpospartan on February 18, 2012, 08:25:52 PM
Quote from: valpopal on February 18, 2012, 06:44:15 PM

And a rebounding machine to boot.
I'm showing Rowdy with 552 rebounds.  If he continues this pace and is not injured next year, he could get over 800 rebounds for his career - good for Top 3!

valporun

nerd, Bowie was the #2 pick in the same draft where Hakeem (Akeem) Olajuwon went to the Rockets at #1, and a certain UNC grad, and 6-time NBA champ, Michael Jordan went #3 in 1984.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on February 21, 2012, 04:40:23 PM
nerd, Bowie was the #2 pick in the same draft where Hakeem (Akeem) Olajuwon went to the Rockets at #1, and a certain UNC grad, and 6-time NBA champ, Michael Jordan went #3 in 1984.

thanks for the correction. i thought i had read somewhere that the blazers had the number 1 pick, and that really good tarheel guy who played for the bulls went number 2. turns out that i had mentally invented portland having the #1 pick.

covufan

Quote from: vuweathernerd on February 21, 2012, 05:36:12 PM
Quote from: valporun on February 21, 2012, 04:40:23 PM

thanks for the correction. i thought i had read somewhere that the blazers had the number 1 pick, and that really good tarheel guy who played for the bulls went number 2. turns out that i had mentally invented portland having the #1 pick.

There was a story once that a Blazers front office person asked Bob Knight what the Blazers should do with their pick.  Knight responded take Jordan, no matter what.  The front office person said "but we need a center".  Knight said "then play Jordan at center".  And the rest is history!

agibson

Quote from: koala on February 18, 2012, 05:46:58 PM
Well done Ryan for reaching 1000 points so far, the 31st player in Crusader basketball history.    :thumbsup:

Huzzah!