• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

NIT Time!

Started by govalpogo, March 07, 2012, 04:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valporun

Quote from: MattCarter on March 12, 2012, 10:52:18 AMCSU lost to flippin Hofstra and we beat em soundly twice.  The SID for CSU says their 2 wins over Detroit helped....ummmm Hello?

Matt, the NIT committee looked at how CSU did against teams in the NCAA tournament. Beating Vanderbilt on the road, seeing Vandy make the NCAA tournament, and beat the overall #1 seed in Kentucky to win the SEC tournament makes a loss to Hofstra null and void. Detroit making the NCAA tournament by beating us helped CSU's seeding as well. Finally, the NIT had to send someone to Stanford, so why not make it a team like CSU, who might have to overspend their budget to make the trip?

MattCarter

Quote from: valporun on March 12, 2012, 11:01:50 AM
Quote from: MattCarter on March 12, 2012, 10:52:18 AMCSU lost to flippin Hofstra and we beat em soundly twice.  The SID for CSU says their 2 wins over Detroit helped....ummmm Hello?
Matt, the NIT committee looked at how CSU did against teams in the NCAA tournament. Beating Vanderbilt on the road, seeing Vandy make the NCAA tournament, and beat the overall #1 seed in Kentucky to win the SEC tournament makes a loss to Hofstra null and void. Detroit making the NCAA tournament by beating us helped CSU's seeding as well. Finally, the NIT had to send someone to Stanford, so why not make it a team like CSU, who might have to overspend their budget to make the trip?
That makes no sense pally.  I know the NIT doesn't consider common sense either...  NIT pays travel, so budget has nothing to do with it.  CSU has a bigger home venue...if they beat Stanford they can host a bigger 2nd round game if the NIT needs it.  I know its all about cash.  Im not a moron.  I just wish they would come out and say that.  "We are sending the schools with a decent enough record that have a large amount of Alumni and students that will attend/watch"
The two greatest things on earth?  Short hair cuts and Valpo Victories!

VUfan

Our post season record this year and past seasons vs CSU's post season record might have something to do with our seed. We can do something about that right now.  ;)