• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Drew Family Update

Started by vuweathernerd, February 23, 2012, 11:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuweathernerd

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7606121/drew-family-reasons-celebrate

great article from andy katz on the multitudes of good news for the drew family that came on tuesday.

sectionee

agibson

Great piece!  And I'm delighted to hear the positive news for Janet.

valpopal

Thanks for posting this. It is an excellent article. In fact, Andy Katz does a better job of compressing and highlighting this basketball season's compelling story lines than VU's own publicity and marketing folks have done.

malone

Not sure, but the Valpo media staff is probably restricted from making comments or news releases about the medical situation of other Valpo employees or their families because of HIPA restrictions.

valporun

Quote from: malone on February 23, 2012, 12:55:06 PM
Not sure, but the Valpo media staff is probably restricted from making comments or news releases about the medical situation of other Valpo employees or their families because of HIPA restrictions.

Or the Drews just haven't released the details they can release thru the university.

vuweathernerd

this is true. but hipaa restrictions go out the window if the family is willing to openly talk about it. which sounds like what happened with katz's article.

valporun

Quote from: vuweathernerd on February 23, 2012, 01:29:55 PM

this is true. but hipaa restrictions go out the window if the family is willing to openly talk about it. which sounds like what happened with katz's article.

If HIPPA had applied to media, then Katz couldn't have done the story about the cancer announcement. The Drews had to willingly let the story be told, and maybe the university hasn't released anything out of respect for the family?

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on February 23, 2012, 01:32:51 PM
Quote from: vuweathernerd on February 23, 2012, 01:29:55 PM

If HIPPA had applied to media, then Katz couldn't have done the story about the cancer announcement. The Drews had to willingly let the story be told, and maybe the university hasn't released anything out of respect for the family?

katz has more or less had the lead on the reporting of this whole ordeal, so i wonder if that didn't also contribute to the family more willingly talk to him. but it's all speculation. regardless, it's great news on all fronts for the family, and i'm so happy for them.

grad66

May the Drews continue to be blessed by God's grace.  Wonderful news for the entire Valpo community, no matter who wrote/announces it! :thumbsup:

historyman

Amen to that, grad66, Praise the Lord!

covufan

Great article!  Glad the whole family could be there for the wonderful news!

lowposter

At halftime against Loyola I took a lap around the court (upstairs) and passed Homer going the opposite direction.  He had the biggest smile on his face and I wanted to say something to him, but didnt.  He looked great...now I know why. 

What a great family photo.  Best wishes to the Drew family and continued success!

lowposter

grad66

Thanks for the article link.  Nicely written, for the nicest family in basketball I know.