• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

ARC Awards

Started by koala, May 08, 2012, 05:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koala

Can't believe no one has posted about this so I think I will.

Congratulations to Rowdy who was honored with the Male Athlete Of The Year.

Congratulations to Will for being named Male Newcomer Of The Year.

And congratulations to Erik for winning the Hustle Award.

Well done to all three on their awards.

vu72

Congrats to all Valpo athletes for an incredible year in rising to the top of the Horizon.   :thewave:

Koala, you're going to need a bigger trophy case!   :o

I vote for Taylor Root as the prettiest!   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpospartan

Rowdy is already one of VU's premier Basketball player.  Here's hoping for an even better 2013.  You should be quite proud Kaola, as I know you are.

bbtds

Quote from: vu72 on May 08, 2012, 09:10:37 AM
Congrats to all Valpo athletes for an incredible year in rising to the top of the Horizon.   :thewave:

Koala, you're going to need a bigger trophy case!   :o

I vote for Taylor Root as the prettiest!   ;)

Why? You don't like the way Rowdy styles his hair on game days?  ;)

koala

Haha!   Don't worry he will have it cut properly when he comes home next week  :thumbsup:

DMvalpo18

Quote from: koala on May 09, 2012, 03:52:46 AM
Haha!   Don't worry he will have it cut properly when he comes home next week  :thumbsup:

I always joke about how many haircuts he gets in a year. My theory is he cuts it before the season begins, and then lets it go all the way until the end of it. Then it isn't until summer when he cuts it again.

koala

I can tell you not many :)   He cuts it as soon as he gets home and just before he goes back and then maybe once in Valpo.   It's more finding the time and because he has no car has to rely on others to drive him and so it probably isn't that important.   Plus it almost becomes a superstitious thing, he had a wonderful year so why change anything so the hair stayed.   Anyway no one would recognise him with a buzz cut  :o

Whilst I am here can I also say a big thank you to everyone for the support, love and friendship Ryan received this year.   He could not have done what he did without you all.   We get him home in a weeks time and we are so excited as it's been a long year made even harder as we didn't get to visit this year.   He will return to Valpo ready for another big year with the team and we will be visiting again early next year.   So we look forward to re-aquainting ourselves with old friends and meeting some new ones so we look forward to seeing you all when we come back  ;D       

valpospartan

Enjoy your son, Koala!