• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Indiana All Stars v. Junior All Stars

Started by vu72, June 05, 2012, 09:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

I read in the paper that these teams played each other for the first time yesterday.  Our two recruits are not on the core junior team and I didn't see either of their names in the box score in the Indy Star.  Does anyone know if they played last night or are they playing in the next game?

The seniors were led by 21 points from the region's Glenn Robinson.  Butler's kid Dunham, did score 2 points. Nice!   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

Apparently, the North All Stars with our guys Nick Davidson and Clay Yeo play tomorrow night.  Also, new this year:

New this year are a pair of Junior All-Star doubleheaders against the Kentucky Junior All-Stars. Those games, featuring boys and girls, will be Friday, June 15 at Heritage Christian School in Indianapolis and Saturday, June 16 at North Oldham High School in Goshen, Ky. The Junior core team will play in both games; the north and south groups will play in one game apiece.

LaPorteAveApostle

I, for one, welcome the day in 2072 when the Indiana All-Star Biddies first take on their KY 4th grade counterparts.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

milanmiracle

Here's a rundown out of the Indy Star

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2012/06/07/a-look-at-the-juniors-in-loss-to-indiana-all-stars-on-wednesday/

Clay Yeo, Triton (Valparaiso): The 6-6 Yeo provided a spark for the juniors in the second half and finished with seven points, two blocked shots and two assists in 13 minutes. He was 3-for-4 from the field and made his only 3-pointer.

Nick Davidson, Andrean (Valparaiso): The 6-4 Davidson had a relatively quiet night with three points and two rebounds in 11 minutes. He missed his only shot, a 3-pointer, and made 3-for-4 from the free-throw line.

"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

bbtds

I did find out 1 thing from a parent who attended this game at Heritage Christian School. Brian Bosma, the Indiana Speaker of the House at the state capital, who is a well known Lutheran, sent or sends one or more of his children to Heritage Christian School. I guess the fact that Lutheran HS of Indy is in the southeast corner of Indy is a drawback for a lot of Lutheran parents.

Although, Brian's son is NOT Brian Bosma of the Indy Indians, like I previously thought.

http://www.milb.com/about/page.jsp?ymd=20080118&content_id=340523&vkey=about_t484&fext=.jsp&sid=t484

When other parents aren't really sports fans but go for their kids they don't really pay attention to the game.  :(