• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Intro Video

Started by valpopal, November 03, 2012, 10:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

HC

Love it
Sader will be thrilled!  :thumbsup:

okinawatyphoon

Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

wh

Valpopal - some ?'s maybe u can answer:

Why wasn't the opening video played tonight during intros?

Where are the spotlights?  For the 2nd consecutive game the players were introduced in the dark.  If they aren't working, why turn off the lights.  Looks pretty amateurish.

Unless it was my imagination, The sound system definitely seemed better tonight.  Was it worked on this week?

historyman

As far as the sound system it must be where you are located in the ARC. During that bowling team video and promotion for their open at Inman's??? (I'm not too sure if I heard it correctly) the sound was pretty awful. If you can't hear it those videos mean almost nothing.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wh

I forgot about the bowling team video.  You're right - I couldn't understand anything anyone was saying.  I stand corrected.

valpotx

Much better than last year's video.  I wish it ended with the scores of our 4 consecutive wins over Butler though  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

Quote from: wh on November 03, 2012, 10:58:24 PM

Where are the spotlights?  For the 2nd consecutive game the players were introduced in the dark.  If they aren't working, why turn off the lights.  Looks pretty amateurish.

Unless it was my imagination, The sound system definitely seemed better tonight.  Was it worked on this week?

I was wondering the same things, WH, but I didn't hear a noticeable improvement in the sound system. I hope somebody can provide answers.

wh

Quote from: valpopal on November 04, 2012, 08:46:20 AM
Quote from: wh on November 03, 2012, 10:58:24 PM

I was wondering the same things, WH, but I didn't hear a noticeable improvement in the sound system. I hope somebody can provide answers.

No spotlights in place, players introduced in the dark, crap sound system, opening video that won't play.  When is someone in authority over there going to wake up and and start holding people accountable for this inexcusable public display? 

EddieCabot

Quote from: wh on November 04, 2012, 09:20:44 AM
No spotlights in place, players introduced in the dark, crap sound system, opening video that won't play.  When is someone in authority over there going to wake up and and start holding people accountable for this inexcusable public display?

Tend to agree, but remember that it's also pre-season for the event staff also.  Hopefully, they'll have everything worked out before the nationally televised game against NIU.

Quote from: valpotx on November 04, 2012, 03:20:31 AM
Much better than last year's video.  I wish it ended with the scores of our 4 consecutive wins over Butler though  ;)

That's a good thought.  Valpo should do more to celebrate "The Streak", just like they do "The Shot".  As you have seen in the pre-season stuff written by the national guys (ESPN and CBSSports), they act like they don't even know about it.  Giving it some more recognition (website/media guide/t-shirts?) could bring some more attention to the program and might even encourage Butler to start the series again.

valporun

It's possible that "The Streak" would have been a focal point IF Butler was still in the conference. What good does it really do to focus on four games that we're not able to continue building a streak on? I would rather have the guys around the HL regular season plaque or trophy, not hanging on four wins over a former conference rival.

valpotx

I was joking about putting the scores into the video.  I just wanted another chance to mention that we have won 4 in a row versus Butler  ;), and it will probably remain that way unless we ever play them in a tournament of some sort. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

Sorry to respectfully disagree, but I don't like that video.  The need to include more than a little material on the legacy of Valparais basketball.  Mixing audio (Todd's) over great moments really adds to the excitement.  Additionall, they need to include some form of tribute to Homer - that certainly is part of the legacy.

okinawatyphoon

Quote from: vu84v2 on November 05, 2012, 07:18:36 AM
Sorry to respectfully disagree, but I don't like that video.  The need to include more than a little material on the legacy of Valparais basketball.  Mixing audio (Todd's) over great moments really adds to the excitement.  Additionall, they need to include some form of tribute to Homer - that certainly is part of the legacy.

The video can only be so long before it becomes boring, no matter what the content. I don't think the goal of the video was to showcase the history, Homer, legacy, or the successes of the past. The goal was to get people pumped for the new season by showing off some cool moves and showcasing the players, and I think it does that just fine.  :thumbsup:

letsgovu

Quote from: historyman on November 03, 2012, 11:07:34 PMAs far as the sound system it must be where you are located in the ARC. During that bowling team video and promotion for their open at Inman's??? (I'm not too sure if I heard it correctly) the sound was pretty awful. If you can't hear it those videos mean almost nothing.

I think the sound problem with the bowling video was not entirely the ARC sound system.  saw it posted on twitter today and watched it again.  It was definately better than in the ARC but still had poor sound quality.

okinawatyphoon

the bowling video had poor sound quality because it was in an uncontolled environment and only had one microphone so you hear a lot of background noise. just watch it on YouTube and you'll hear the difference.

valpopal

Here is another fine video: #45

HC

not bad, I liked hearing the announcers  :thumbsup:  Is there one for each of the players?

FWalum

Very nice. Love watching the kid play.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

wittynamehere

awesome videos!  very cool

KL31NY

OK, that was effic!

"Effic" = f------ epic, btw. Picked it up on a baseball team over the past couple summers.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176