• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo in Preseason Mid-Major Top 25

Started by valpopal, November 05, 2012, 07:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

okinawatyphoon

where is Butler? or are they not considered "mid-major" anymore??
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

valporun

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on November 05, 2012, 09:49:09 PM
where is Butler? or are they not considered "mid-major" anymore??

I believe they consider the A-10 a high major because of its past success.

historyman

It's really simple, you read all the info and posts before you ask questions or post the same info.

NOTE: The Mid-Major Poll is made up of teams from the following conferences: America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Great West, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, WAC, West Coast.

This was on the very same page as the poll.

No A-10 conference is listed as a mid-major for purposes of this poll. Personally I think this is east coast bias at it's finest. Why would the Missouri Valley be included when the A-10 is not? ESPN is in Connecticut is the most logical reason.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

okinawatyphoon

The answer was not "posted" above....I get it was on the page in small print at the bottom and I should have read it, but a simple answer would have sufficed.  :thumbsup:
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

valpopal

Nice to see SI's Andy Glockner in his preseason NCAA brackets selections picks Valpo to make it to the dance with a #13 seed:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_glockner/11/06/preseason-bracket-projection/index.html

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

Just got my hardcopy SI in the mail.  Went to Bill Trocchi's article "Filling the Brackets" on page 82.  Valpo is in slot 57 out of 68.  Great to see Valpo in national print as well as electronic media.  Here's the  blurb:

"57 - Valparaiso/Horizon/5  To  Horizon POY Ryan Broekhoff  (14.9 ppg, 8.5 rpg), reigning league champs add 6'10" forward Bobby Capobianco, an Indiana transfer."   [The 5 is returning starters]

Others of interest:  24 St. Louis, 29 Murray State, 48 New Mexico, 50 Butler

valpopal

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpotx on November 08, 2012, 01:34:33 PM
Joe Lunardi has Detroit as a 15 seed from our conference:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

this early in the year, all he's doing is picking last year's mid-major conference champs.