• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

FB Season Finale vs. Morehead

Started by VULB#62, November 12, 2012, 06:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Basketball is on everyone's mind, but there is still one more football game remaining. Valpo travels to Kain tuc kee to take on an Eagles team that can put points on the board.

In a 44-28 loss, WR Donte Sawyer pulled in a career-best 13 receptions for 152 yards on Saturday against PFL foe San Diego. Senior quarterback Zach Lewis, who owns MSU career passing records for completions (924), attempts (1,485), yards (10,044) and touchdowns (69), eclipsed 10,000 yards for his career with 316 yards vs. San Diego.  Morehead rushed for only 92 yards on 26 attempts (3.2 yd per rush).

Score at the half was 14-17 USD. It was 21-31 after 3 quarters.

In other games of interest they've scored 55 against Southern Virginia (W), barely lost to Drake 25-28 and Butler 35-39 and scored 119 points against Campbell (W) and Davidson (W) in the two weekends prior to USD.

This could get   :censored:  ugly. 

usc4valpo

FWalum

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 12, 2012, 06:49:42 PMValpo travels to Kain tuc kee
Is this a reference to Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans?
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: FWalum on November 13, 2012, 12:07:40 AMIs this a reference to Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans?

DALE CARLSON!  STAY ALIVE!  I WILL FIND YOU!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

VULB#62

Quote from: FWalum on November 13, 2012, 12:07:40 AM
Quote from: VULB#62 on November 12, 2012, 06:49:42 PMValpo travels to Kain tuc kee

It certainly might be.  Loved that flick.

FWalum

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 13, 2012, 09:05:10 AM
Quote from: FWalum on November 13, 2012, 12:07:40 AM

It certainly might be.  Loved that flick.
Absolutely one of my all time favorites.  :thumbsup:
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

chef

More appropriate Daniel Day-Lewis reference on this topic would be from There Will be Blood.

chef

Of course if we miss one more PAT this year, they may ask me to use My Left Foot.

valporun

chef, at least that LINCOLN wasn't a VAMPIRE SLAYER.

usc4valpo

If this were the gangs of New York we would be the Plug Uglies.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vuweathernerd

you all crack me up. a perfect example of what i love about this board. if only the cardinals forum i'm on was this civil and entertaining.

covufan

Quote from: chef on November 13, 2012, 10:58:23 AM
Of course if we miss one more PAT this year, they may ask me to use My Left Foot.
Too funny!!!

covufan

Gosh, I hope we keep this one close.

Morehead  38
Valpo        30

milanmiracle

Morehead 45 Valpo 13 (missed extra point)

On a positive note...this is the last game of the season!  :thumbsup:
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

covufan

valpotx

I just can't watch this anymore already.  Our coverage is always 3 steps behind their receivers, and our offensive play call is again pitiful.  This pistol stuff does not work for our offense, yet we keep it up.  Continually running from 5-6 yds behind the line of scrimmage is just a stupid tactic unless you have RBs that are shifty and can make people miss. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Shutting it off...ridiculous and embarrassing.  Missed chip shot FG and then a 90 yd rush for a TD on the next play.  Sums up our team under Carlson, please do something to change
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

With 10:59 LEFT in Q2 - MSU 34 - Valpo Zip

Comment by MSU announcers:  "As good as the VU basketball program is; the FB team is as bad."

usc4valpo

I am going to get ready for the showdown in Pasadena.  This is embarrassing. We need change.  I feel bad for Iclow - I wonder if he needs a bottle of Jack to do a braodcast like this.

VULB#62

Morehead just ran a trick KO return (cross field lateral) after the Valpo score for a TD (now 41-7).  MSU announcers were clued in and said that the Morehead staff identified the trend on VU KOs where they kick to one side or another and everyone on kickoff coverage sprinted to the ball instead of taking care of return lanes.  So even the announcers knew this was coming.  One might say that that at this point in the game it was piling on, but it was the FIRST KO that MHS received all first half.

FWalum

Not making excuses, but watching this on the OVC stream it showed that this should have been called a forward pass and that the official was out of position to make the call.  When it goes bad it just keeps on going.

If MLB, President Heckler and the Board of Directors think that Coach Carlson has improved this program over the past three years, I question their sanity.  Today has been humiliating and it is only the first half!  I encourage all current players to look at transferring and encourage their parents to help their son's find a school where they can feel a part of something to be proud of.  This program has struggled for years, but under Carlson, the PFL performance has been atrocious.  His recruits fell hook, line and sinker for his BS.  He "fired" players (word that he used freely during recruiting events with parents and prospects) that had committed to playing FB at Valpo under Coach Adams.  Those "fired" players didn't fit in to his grand plan.  Nice to be so arrogant, but you have to be able to deliver the goods!  Well, I wonder how hard those guys are laughing now.  They are most likely thankful they don't have to face the ridicule that these guys face on a daily basis.

Whether or not you feel this program only exists to guarantee 100 males each year for enrollment, you have to agree that this is inexcusable and a complete joke.  PLEASE FIRE DALE CARLSON AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF.  They do not deserve another year or two.  If you choose to keep them here, the exodus will be huge.  I cannot believe that you would invest any more in this guy!!!  Seriously, just ask and I'm sure that you will find many donors to any buyout.

vu72

I have been blaming the coaches for this mess, but now I'll blame the coaches for recruiting kids that just aren't very good. Notwithstanding the opinion of a few probable parents who come on here, just look at the facts: dropped passes, penalties, bad throws, missed coverage, blah, blah, blah.

So we have inept coaching ill suited for our players talents ( ???) and players who miss extra points, fail to get on the field for field goal attempts, an experienced quarterback who misses open receivers, receivers who drop passes, linemen who get silly penalties and, lets see...that's about it. Thanks goodness its almost over, bring on basketball, PLEASE.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015