• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Nebraska Game

Started by vu72, November 13, 2012, 06:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Quote from: Smj on November 14, 2012, 08:13:23 PM
Anyone see a way that we can watch this game on TV or streaming?

Its on the Big Ten Network.  If you don't get it at home, head for any decent sports bar and it will be on.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Quote from: vu72 on November 14, 2012, 08:15:41 PMIf you don't get it at home, head for any decent sports bar and it will be on.

I've had mixed luck getting games on request at sports bars.

I wonder if a safer version is, "If you live in the Midwest, go to any decent sports bar, and it'll be available on request, if they feel like changing a channel for you?"

I'm pleased to confirm that our Comcast package in Valpo carries it.  Channel 65.  Even if I'll only manage the first ~half at home.  I'm having bad luck lately with class commitments and game times.

Smj

THANKS!!!   I actually have the Big Ten Network...   8)

I can't wait - Go Valpo!

vu72

Quote from: agibson on November 14, 2012, 08:23:13 PM
Quote from: vu72 on November 14, 2012, 08:15:41 PMIf you don't get it at home, head for any decent sports bar and it will be on.

I've had mixed luck getting games on request at sports bars.

I wonder if a safer version is, "If you live in the Midwest, go to any decent sports bar, and it'll be available on request, if they feel like changing a channel for you?"

I'm pleased to confirm that our Comcast package in Valpo carries it.  Channel 65.  Even if I'll only manage the first ~half at home.  I'm having bad luck lately with class commitments and game times.

Well, I'm currently in Houston and already confirmed a tv at Buffalo Wildwings!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

cornonthe

Should be an interesting game...VERY contrasting styles...

Valparaiso 83
Nebraska 64

Nebraska will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games in the B1G this year...

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: cornonthe on November 15, 2012, 03:47:50 AM

Valparaiso 83
Nebraska 64

cornonthe are you a Cornhuskers fan?

crusaderjoe

The line right now is Valpo -5.  I wonder if they'll be any movement.  When was the last time we were favored over a Big Ten team?

chef

When Valpo was in the Mid-Con most of their games had no lines. Therefore, I'm guessing there was no line on the game when Valpo clobbered Penn St. Thus, to answer your question, I'd guess never.

vu84v2

This has got to be considered a game that Valpo should expect to win.  Valpo 68  Nebraska 59.  Getting good enough play out of the bigs is the greatest concern.  The intensity of Buggs and other guards should be the biggest concern for Nebraska (new players and systems can have a lot of trouble finding their offensive flow if there is good defensive perimeter pressure).

cornonthe

Quote from: SadersofthelostArc on November 15, 2012, 08:14:25 AM
Quote from: cornonthe on November 15, 2012, 03:47:50 AM

Valparaiso 83
Nebraska 64

cornonthe are you a Cornhuskers fan?

Nope...my screen name is just a play of words on my last name... ;D

LaPorteAveApostle

Nice to have you here, Mr. Grill ;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

oklahomamick

Quote from: vu72 on November 14, 2012, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: Smj on November 14, 2012, 08:13:23 PM
Anyone see a way that we can watch this game on TV or streaming?

Its on the Big Ten Network.  If you don't get it at home, head for any decent sports bar and it will be on.

I called Buffalo Wild Wings here in Tulsa and asked if they carry the Big Ten Network, expecting to get laughed at.....However, they do!  Here in football country I didn't expect a sports bar to carry the Big Ten Network since they don't play football.  Luckily, I was mistaken.  I will be holding the fort down for Valpo at one of the Buffalo Wild Wings in Tulsa. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

And I think its going to be difficult for us.
1.  Valpo first road game
2.  Short week - game on Tuesday, travel on Wednesday
3.  Size
CRUSADERS!!!

milanmiracle

As the resident pessimist I am really lookin forward to this game and a Valpo victory against a BCS opponent. I not only think they have a chance to win...I think they should win! I'll be very disappointed if they don't.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

FWalum

A fair number of Husker fans conversing on the ESPN game page http://espn.go.com/ncb/conversation?gameId=323200158
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpo04

Quote from: FWalum on November 15, 2012, 05:46:50 PM
A fair number of Husker fans conversing on the ESPN game page http://espn.go.com/ncb/conversation?gameId=323200158

Also, don't forget we have a chat room here!

Bobby The Builder

I cannot post links, but vipboxsports.eu will have a live stream of the game tonight.  Currently the feed is showing the end of the IU game.

wittynamehere

We're really missing Capo right now

wh

One thing I have admired about Butler (the team, not the fans) is their ability to perform on the big stage.  Even last year when they were on the decline, they beat Purdue and Stanford.  We have not handled big games well and so far it's more of the same.  Somehow we're going to have to get over the scared rabbit syndrome if we ever hope to elevate our program.  I hope we snap out of this.

FWalum

Not liking the physicality of this game. Too much indimidation underneath. Really missing Capo. Not playing mentally tough. Some bad passes to nowhere.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

sliman

Amen, WH.  It's beginning to look like a mental issue as much as a skill/physical one.  Of course, we're tough when we make 55 percent of our 3s, not so much when we miss them.

a3uge

Valpo seems to be playing a lot worse than they are... missing a lot of free throws, missing some easy shots, taking some bad shots, turning the ball over too much.

Nebraska doesn't look all that great either, but they've hit some big shots.

Valpo needs to exploit that fat guy, who is a foul waiting to happen. Hopefully Ryan can charge at him and draw some fouls. Can't really find anything positive about that half. Nobody is playing well.

milanmiracle

Reigning HL player of the year has 3 points at half. That's far from the only problem, but it sure doesn't help.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado