• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. Loyola Jan. 2, 2013

Started by HC, January 01, 2013, 10:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HC

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-end-of-non-conference-portion-of.html?m=1

Having a predict the final contest for a very sharp Bryce Drew rookie card.

valpopal

swiftmutiny

HC

Got a couple guesses so far from Mattand swift...you have until 7pm tomorrow night. Go Valpo!

VUfan

historyman

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

DMvalpo18

govalpogo

Loyola University-Chicago: 61
Valparaiso University:        72

HC

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

covufan

vuchicago

HC

Valpo is a 9 point favorite tomorrow.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

Valposter

Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

justducky

Quote from: HC on January 01, 2013, 07:03:21 PM
Valpo is a 9 point favorite tomorrow.
I do not look for us to have many big margin wins in the Horizon League schedule. We have so many people that we want and need to play that even games we could dominate should stay closer than necessary as we try to work in all the looks and combinations.

Tonight could be close even if we do not go deep into the bench so I will say VU by 2 or 3.

motowntitan

78crusader

I'm done. Not done rooting for VU. But done thinking this team has a chance for a special season.

Paul

truth219

Valpo is so inconsistant. They looked so bad tonight. Dority isn't all that and bogan has his head in his a55

wittynamehere

I've eluded to this before but besides Rowdy (and Rossi from what I've seen in the limited time he's played) this team can't shoot.  And while I'll conceed that it may be too harsh to say "team", it's not to harsh, given the quickly increasing sample size, to say that Dority needs to STOP SHOOTING so damn much!  Every shot he takes is one that Ryan isn't taking.  He's 18 for 58 on the season, 31%!!!  His 3 pt. percentage is 24% (6/25).  All that and he's averaging about as many shots as Ryan and 3 more than KVW - lord only know how much he'll shoot once he feel more comfortable with the team! 

He was never known as a shooter and he's proving why, at this point, I flat out feel like he's hurting more than he's helping. 

Sorry for the rant - I'm frustrated by this home loss to what I thought would be a lesser conference foe.

humbleopinion

I guess we'd best learn to savor any victory that the team is able to notch.  They have shown the potential to let any D1 team be a challenge this year.  I just hope they don't exhibit that potential often in the next couple of months.
Beamin' Beacons

humbleopinion

By the way, why was Rossi mot in uniform tonight?  Are we looking at a medical redshift?
Beamin' Beacons

justducky

Well, we just played a very hard fought game where our overall mental execution (first half especially) was not that bad and still got spanked at home. Back to the drawing board.

HC

Will needs to shoot or sit down. Coach Drew was outcoached both on the court and in preparing his team for the game. Hopefully they can pull it together and beat an injury plagued CSU team.

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2013/01/what-is-wrong-with-valpo.html?m=1

Brent wrote this one. I don't really agree about Boggs but everything else is pretty spot on IMO.

A fella named Adam won our contest on the blog. If Adam is on here go back to the blog to claim your prize.

bbtds

Quote from: HC on January 02, 2013, 10:03:31 PMCoach Drew was outcoached both on the court and in preparing his team for the game.

Bingo! Bryce did not adjust well at all to what Moser was doing to get his big men the ball underneath the basket. How many times did Averkamp have the ball with either Dority or Buggs guarding him and no one was sliding over to help. Averkamp scored or either passed inside to Thomas who made a lot of contested lay-ups. When Valpo was playing zone too many times Thomas or Averkamp were way too open. Since Valpo missed so many shots in the paint and Loyola made their contested shots it finally caused Valpo to start fouling. The Crusaders made some plays towards the end but it just wasn't enough.