• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Student Section of the Year Voting

Started by govalpogo, January 23, 2013, 06:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Still at #7... and I just voted ... MORE !!  (ps, passing a Pit can be painful... passing a PITT can be wonderful!)

bbtds

In places like Indy a Pitt pass is a great thing!

agibson

Still in 7th.  Be sure to vote today!

vu72

Just voted, still in 7th.  Don't forget about voting for "The Shot"!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpopal

Congrats to the student section for another enthusiastic showing at the Milwaukee game!

bbtds

Quote from: KL31NY on January 30, 2013, 04:27:01 PM
Beautiful new splash page on ValpoAthletics urging fans to vote for both "The Shot" and "The Valparaizone" in their respective contests.

Vote for "The Shot" http://www.ncaa.com/75-moments
Vote for "The Valparaizone" http://clc.promo.eprize.com/vote/?referring_info=eyJzY2hvb2wiOiJWYWxwYXJhaXNvX0NydXNhZGVycyIsImFjdGlvbiI6ImZhY2Vib29rIiwicmVmZXJyZXJfaWQiOjI5MDh9#.UQF7P3ZBuy4.facebook

Good time to push this to next page.

talksalot

Just voted... and we're STILL #7... Lets Go Folks!  It's groundhog day... I wonder if we can vote over and over again?

govalpogo

We've moved into 6th place!  The first round ends on Weds.  Let's get to the top 5 for good measure!

agibson

Woo-hoo!  Sixth place!  Can we pass the Bulldog on the Horizon?  (And then there are other Hoosiers looming...)

http://www.facebook.com/ilovecollegehoops/app_585093751508025

govalpogo

Top 16 and trends 1/26                    Top 16 and trends 2/3
1. VCU                                          1.VCU
2. Kansas                                      2. Kansas
3. Indiana +1                                 3. Indiana
4. Purdue                                      4. Purdue
5. Pitt  +1                                     5. Gonzaga +1
6. Gonzaga -1                                6. Valpo  +3
7. Utah St.                                    7. Pitt -2
8. Iowa St.                                    8. St. Bonnie +17!                               
9. Valpo +14                                  9. Utah St. -2   
10. Illinois                                     10. Iowa St. -2
11. Marquette -2                           11. Illinois -1
12. Syracuse                                 12. Marquette -1
13.  BYU -2                                   13. Syracuse -1
14. Boise St. -1                              14. Colorado +2
15. Florida -1                                 15. St. Joe +3
16. Colorado -1                              16. Southern +3
                                                   Bubble teams: UNLV +4, BYU -5, Boise-5,

St. Bonaventure has been going nuts over the last week or so.  The biggest losers have all fallen from the top 16: Florida, BYU, and Boise St. The top 4 have been pretty well set since the beginning of this thing, with a push, I think Valpo could break the top 5 by round 2 though.

historyman

We now have the Pitt Pass, time to get Ziggy on the Zags.

Actually, lets Ram the Valparaizone all the way to the top & take VCU. If we have gotten this far we can go all the way to the top.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

talksalot

Historyman... Well Spoke-ane.   Just voted, we are at #6... wonder what Bonnie did.... thats the team that now scares me, if they are doing some really heavy marketing to their alumni.

historyman

Quote from: talksalot on February 03, 2013, 12:13:02 PMHistoryman... Well Spoke-ane.   Just voted, we are at #6... wonder what Bonnie did.... thats the team that now scares me, if they are doing some really heavy marketing to their alumni.

Yes, St. Bonnie may snatch our momentum and not leave us a Coeur d'Alene on.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

vuweathernerd

Kyle321n

Just voted again and we're still at 6th but the Bonnies are up to 7th.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

HC

Got my 2 votes in, vote early vote often!

historyman

Let's Venture out and show that team from Olean that Valparaizone is a Bonnie-fied contender. That should zig the Zags and lead to some intra-state passing. 

covufan

talksalot

Got both of my votes... and my wifes!  Bonnies still behind us!..

if you want to see their marketing scheme:    http://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/index   look who they play on Wednesday night at Hinkle.... might explain their surge...

valpospartan

Quote from: vu84v2 on January 29, 2013, 12:04:05 AM
Percentage of overall attendees in the student section is not so easy compared to big schools.  Kansas' student section is 2500-3000 out of 16,300.  Iowa State has a very high ratio too.  My guess is that Duke is very high since their seating is only about 9000.

The Izzone at Michigan State consists of 3000, or 20% of the total number of seats, and it is ALWAYS 100% used, and there is a waiting list.  A feature, for which I applaud the University, is that most of the izzone seats are in what is considered prime locations.

vuweathernerd

still sitting at number 6, and holding off the hard-charging bonnies, lurking one spot behind us.

talksalot

Voted this morning ... good way to start the day... Voting Ends TOMORROW in Round 1... so... Keep Voting !!

See everyone tonight at the game that matters.

govalpogo

Vote and share!  By the way, when you vote for "the shot," if you close your voting tab (after voting) and come back to the link on this page, then you can vote multiple times.  I've been voting about 20x a day for Bryce!

Vote for "The Shot" http://www.ncaa.com/75-moments
Vote for "The Valparaizone" http://clc.promo.eprize.com/vote/?referring_info=eyJzY2hvb2wiOiJWYWxwYXJhaXNvX0NydXNhZGVycyIsImFjdGlvbiI6ImZhY2Vib29rIiwicmVmZXJyZXJfaWQiOjI5MDh9#.UQF7P3ZBuy4.facebook