• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

HL Tourney

Started by oklahomamick, February 20, 2013, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

Neither a second-half rally nor even the return of Kendrick Perry (!!!--11 points, 6 reb, 4 fouls) was enough for YSU to overcome 19 in the first half, and they fall to WSU 66-59.  Better than their last time matching up!

WSU will have a hard time without the Darling boy tomorrow, as much as I'd like for them to give Detroit the hard time!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

Well, UIC proved once again that it's not healthy to go 6+ minutes without scoring, but Josh Crittle has come out in the second half inspired.  Dude is a load.

Kind of sad that, as of tonight, he has now taken more shots this year than in all three seasons he played combined.  LOAD
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

That was controversial.  GB was trying to take a timeout for like 5 seconds in that last possession...
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

I think Sykes was just trying to prove himself to you, tex.

valpotx

He was 6/15...he didn't prove anything other than he likes to shoot  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Looks like we play GB, after a 3 point game winner with 1 second left.
CRUSADERS!!!

truth219

How many tickets do you think are left for Saturday night?

bbtds

Quote from: truth219 on March 08, 2013, 11:15:17 PM
How many tickets do you think are left for Saturday night?
I would call the Valpo Ticket Office to find out. Just because a certain website selling the tickets to the HL tourney does not show a lot of tickets remaining does not mean the ticket office has not held back some good tickets to sell to walk up customers.

truth219

I have my tickets, I was just wondering how big of a crowd to expect

chef

There are plenty of tickets up stairs. So please encourage your friends and neighbors to get out to the arc and watching some basketball.

truth219

I was hoping for a sell out

valpopal

I thought some folks might be interested in seeing what is now hanging over the court for the tournament:

historyman

Is that WH up there acting like Vanna White to that banner?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 08, 2013, 07:41:06 PMNeither a second-half rally nor even the return of Kendrick Perry (!!!--11 points, 6 reb, 4 fouls) was enough for YSU to overcome 19 in the first half, and they fall to WSU 66-59.  Better than their last time matching up!

In 25 minutes off the bench.  Interesting.  There was a piece in the Youngstown paper the other day about their post-season prospects.  Describing how they'd _never_ been to the post-season, were willing to pay to host a game, and how Perry would likely be available in the post-season.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/mar/07/ysu-men-look-to-earn-another-tourney-ber/?newswatch

Even being willing to pay to host, I'm not sure they have the credentials.

WSU will have a hard time without the Darling boy tomorrow, as much as I'd like for them to give Detroit the hard time!

What's his diagnosis?  Only his junior year, but if you're ever going to let it all hang out...

agibson

Are we going without a VU gameday thread?

Looks like I'll be limited by the ESPNU blackout again :(

Vegas has us as 8-9 point favorites...

crusadermoe

I hope the team is much more pumped than I am for tonight.     

I'm guessing the crowd will be a little tentative until we can take a strong lead.   

ValpoHoops

Quote from: agibson on March 09, 2013, 01:21:29 PMQuote (selected)WSU will have a hard time without the Darling boy tomorrow, as much as I'd like for them to give Detroit the hard time!What's his diagnosis?  Only his junior year, but if you're ever going to let it all hang out...

He was on the bench last night in a boot. That's usually a pretty good sign its not real good at this point.

agibson

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 09, 2013, 02:38:44 PMHe was on the bench last night in a boot. That's usually a pretty good sign its not real good at this point.

Or... a made for TV moment!

agibson

Interpreting chef's twitter feed
https://twitter.com/ToddIckow

It sounds like Brandon McPherson will be on color tonight?

And Adam Amin may make an appearance.... if not on color... for Tuesday's game?

valporun

I checked that on the game preview for tonight. On WAKE, we'll have our very own chef on the play-by-play with special guest color commentator, Valpo Grad, Brandon McPherson on the color commentary. For those who can't do both radio and tv at the same time, ESPNU will have Jim Barbar on the play-by-play and Malcolm Huckaby on the color commentary. I would love to hear Adam Amin on the play-by-play of the Horizon League Championship Game on Tuesday evening. Would ESPN allow him to call a tournament game for his alma mater though?

agibson

The implication from chef's twitter feed was that Adam might be somehow involved with the WAKE broadcast on Tuesday.  But, in some auxiliary sort of fashion.

valporun

Maybe a three man crew on WAKE for Tuesday night? I could dig that, especially if the tv side is relegated to another night of Jim Barbar calling the action. He's like the Horizon League version of Dan McLaughlin, from the Mid-Con Game of the Week days. Was annoying as ever, and never got better.

agibson

Quote from: valporun on March 09, 2013, 04:04:43 PMFor those who can't do both radio and tv at the same time

I can't handle anything that's more than slightly out of sync.  I'd be happy for an app that would stream WAKE with a solid, on the fly configurable, delay setting.
(Or likewise for ESPN/HLN; or, all of the above!)

agibson

No radio for the Detroit game!  Do they not have regular radio coverage?

Pleasantly, if you watch the game live on espn3.com it's not blacked out.  The reply, on ESPNU, is blacked out.