• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

HL Tourney

Started by oklahomamick, February 20, 2013, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on March 09, 2013, 04:04:43 PM
Would ESPN allow him to call a tournament game for his alma mater though?

they let other folks, granted as analysts rather than pbp. so who knows what they'd allow.

valpotx

Is StlVUFan sitting behind the announcers?  I think that is him
"Don't mess with Texas"

KL31NY

Don't look now... oh go ahead and look

Raiders up 51-49, 3:06 to play!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpotx

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!  Goodbye Detroit  ;D
"Don't mess with Texas"

KL31NY

DIXON AT THE BUZZER TO DEFEAT DETROIT!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."

LaPorteAveApostle

MCCALLOUS!

this is amazing.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vuweathernerd

the newly crowned "player of the year" finished the game 1-7 from the field, and a whopping 5 points. 4 turnovers to 0 assists. how's that 'unselfish' thing workin out?

govalpogo

A big stat from that game WSU bench: 29pts Detroit bench: 1pt

grad66

Nice going Wright State!  They hung in there throughout!   :thumbsup:
Big bench numbers,  the Titans did have a weakness there all year...

valporun

tx, that was StlVUFan behind the announcers. I sent him a tweet asking him about that too.

vuweathernerd

i almost posted here about 8 minutes into the second half, but didn't want to jinx it. i figured that as long as wright state could keep detroit from turning it into a track meet, they stood a chance. lo and behold, they did it.

grad66

Nows the time to get down to business.  Play our game Crusaders!  Make us proud.!!

valpotx

What a ridiculous tournament!  I hope it ends on Tuesday with a Valpo blowout win  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Todd confirms Adam Amin will be in the house Tuesday, with Brandon McPherson for some sort of three-man booth (how's that going to work? they've proven with Luke that they don't have an extra headset).

Todd also predicts that both buzzer beaters will be in the ESPN top ten, and predicts Rowdy will have the play of the day.

agibson

Ooh... but Alabama had a _half court_ buzzer beater.  That might be hard to beat.  Still, not a tournament...  we'll see.

KL31NY

What if they double up the #1 spot with WSU/VU? Two crazy buzzer beaters in the same tournament round on the same night in the same arena only a couple hours apart is hard to overlook.

oklahomamick

Quote from: vuweathernerd on March 09, 2013, 07:03:20 PM
the newly crowned "player of the year" finished the game 1-7 from the field, and a whopping 5 points. 4 turnovers to 0 assists. how's that 'unselfish' thing workin out?

Did anyone see Miles Dixon from WSU block Ray Jr. in the first half? 
CRUSADERS!!!

crusadermoe

Just amazing.    Team of destiny?     Get 'er done.

agibson

This is a hilarious read as well:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130309/SPORTS0203/303090334/1019/sports0203/Horizon-League-tournament-spotlights-Detroit-Mercy-s-talent

Nice!

Minnerath ...
"We're excited," he said. "It doesn't matter who we play (today). This week is all about us."

The goal for Detroit, however, is simple: Match what Butler did two years ago — repeat as league champion. "We want to win back-to-back titles," McCallum Sr. said. "That's what traditionally strong teams do. Butler did it."

okinawatyphoon

Quote from: valpotx on March 09, 2013, 10:44:20 PM
This is a hilarious read as well:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130309/SPORTS0203/303090334/1019/sports0203/Horizon-League-tournament-spotlights-Detroit-Mercy-s-talent

"Detroit has become the darling of the Horizon League.
The Titans are a fan favorite and the league's most entertaining team."

ARE THEY SERIOUS?
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

agibson

The comment section's good too,
Tim Farrell · Carroll High School
How'd all that "talent" work for you tonite?

oklahomamick

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on March 09, 2013, 10:50:13 PM"Detroit has become the darling of the Horizon League.The Titans are a fan favorite and the league's most entertaining team."

I thought everyone in the HL hated Detroit. 
CRUSADERS!!!

govalpogo

#2 on SC Top 10 behind Bama

agibson

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on March 09, 2013, 10:50:13 PMThe Titans are a fan favorite and the league's most entertaining team."

ARE THEY SERIOUS?

I did enjoy watching Doug Anderson play.

Did you catch his reverse alley-oop dunk tonight, in the first half?  Really something.