• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo - Youngstown Game Thread - 2/26

Started by talksalot, February 21, 2013, 06:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Quote from: Smj on February 26, 2013, 01:47:23 PM
Okay... Not making the 3+ hour trip....

I have 3 tickets in section C behind the bench.   I would offer them to a fan....   Any takers?   (don't ask if you are going to try to scalp them.)
Quote from: truth219 on February 26, 2013, 02:48:27 PM
I need 3 tickets tonight me my wife and son are going to the game

anybody seeing the irony here?

wh

Quote from: bbtds on February 26, 2013, 03:19:24 PM
Quote from: Smj on February 26, 2013, 01:47:23 PM
Okay... Not making the 3+ hour trip....

I have 3 tickets in section C behind the bench.   I would offer them to a fan....   Any takers?   (don't ask if you are going to try to scalp them.)
Quote from: truth219 on February 26, 2013, 02:48:27 PM
I need 3 tickets tonight me my wife and son are going to the game

anybody seeing the irony here?

Smj - meet truth219  ;)

truth219

I don't have tickets, we are going to buy them at the door

Kyle321n

Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

agibson

From Osipoff's "other tidbits" blog piece
http://blogs.post-trib.com/osipoff/2013/02/valparaiso_basketball_notes_pr_4.html

Drew said there's a chance Alex Rossi could be in uniform against Youngstown State. His heart is fine, but his hips have been bothering him, a previous ailment. Rossi has been shooting in practice, but ...

"There's really no timeline from where he'll be able to run up and down, and compete in a game," Drew said.

KL31NY

Earlier in this thread, I posted a Torch Op/Ed about the student section at the Detroit game. The author spent time pointing out the effect (negative in his opinion) of a group of intoxicated football players at the front of the group, while also praising the general atmosphere of the student section and encouraging its improvement as time moves on.

Just a moment ago, Matt Kenney tried to drum up some support heading into tonight's game. The following paragraph is a collection of tweets sent on Matt's account, referencing the article and even borrowing a small line from it (I assume the last bit is simply meant to be gender inclusive):

The student section is suppose to be loud, rowdy and yell things at the other team. That's what they do. There wasn't one point in the game where I thought they were out of control or "detracting from the game experience" They simply were just having fun and enjoying the game, while at the same time supporting their school. I hope they continue to come and support us and don't let one guys opinion keep them away. Keep it up fellas! We appreciate the support! That goes for the ladies in the student section as well!

Let's hope we get some students to the ARC tonight for him, the other seniors, and the rest of the program! LET'S WIN A TITLE!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

historyman

Quote from: Smj on February 26, 2013, 01:47:23 PMOkay... Not making the 3+ hour trip.... I have 3 tickets in section C behind the bench. I would offer them to a fan.... Any takers? (don't ask if you are going to try to scalp them.)

Quote from: truth219 on February 26, 2013, 02:48:27 PM I need 3 tickets tonight me my wife and son are going to the game

Quote from: bbtds on February 26, 2013, 03:19:24 PManybody seeing the irony here?

Quote from: truth219 on February 26, 2013, 03:26:23 PMI don't have tickets, we are going to buy them at the door

I guess he didn't see the irony at all. Sheeesh!

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

truth219

I don't see what your folks are trying to say

valpotx

It sounds like they won't be trying for a second redshirt year then, if he is expected to be in uniform.  Rossi has such a great-looking shot, I want to see it added to our arsenal for a few minutes here and there when we are struggling from 3!  Even if he is suspect on defense, just having someone come in and make a shot or two can change the other guy's mentality when they are taking their shots
"Don't mess with Texas"

Kyle321n

Quote from: truth219 on February 26, 2013, 04:11:56 PMI don't see what your folks are trying to say

This is just me but it appears smj has 3 tickets right now, and he's not coming to the game.  You need 3 tickets and are coming to the game.  From my astute observational skills, why don't you see if you can get the 3 tickets from smj and come to the game.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

truth219

I sent him a personal message a while ago asking

vusupporter

Quote from: valpotx on February 26, 2013, 04:12:59 PM
It sounds like they won't be trying for a second redshirt year then, if he is expected to be in uniform.  Rossi has such a great-looking shot, I want to see it added to our arsenal for a few minutes here and there when we are struggling from 3!  Even if he is suspect on defense, just having someone come in and make a shot or two can change the other guy's mentality when they are taking their shots

He can be in uniform and still not play, leaving him still (possibly) eligible for the second redshirt year.

valpotx

Ok guys, you are obviously not seeing it.  The irony is that Smj wants to give the tickets to a 'fan,' yet it is Truth that needs/wants the tickets.  Truth is always negative about the program, but is going to the game...thus, irony.  Amazing how that works!  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

justducky

Quote from: vuweathernerd on February 26, 2013, 02:04:26 PMi'd call you a smart@$$ but personally, those are my favorite colors on a radar map. i'd kill to have thunderstorms in jan/feb like you all down south. i hate north dakota and its 8 months of winter.
There you are in the middle of God's country and all you want to do is cry!  You need to man -up then gear-up.

Let's see, you'll need a truck, boat, motor, trailer, tackle, as well as decoys, calls, guns, a spirit of adventure, and a patient spouse. When you get all that done then all of us will be glad to come up and help you find the nearest hot spots. Oh and I almost forgot the power ice auger and warm, roomy, fully equipped ice fishing shack. After that you might forget that VU and northwest Indiana ever existed or if not then figure out how to get VU basketball on ice.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: justducky on February 26, 2013, 05:12:04 PM
Quote from: vuweathernerd on February 26, 2013, 02:04:26 PMi'd call you a smart@$$ but personally, those are my favorite colors on a radar map. i'd kill to have thunderstorms in jan/feb like you all down south. i hate north dakota and its 8 months of winter.
There you are in the middle of God's country and all you want to do is cry!  You need to man -up then gear-up.

Let's see, you'll need a truck, boat, motor, trailer, tackle, as well as decoys, calls, guns, a spirit of adventure, and a patient spouse. When you get all that done then all of us will be glad to come up and help you find the nearest hot spots. Oh and I almost forgot the power ice auger and warm, roomy, fully equipped ice fishing shack. After that you might forget that VU and northwest Indiana ever existed or if not then figure out how to get VU basketball on ice.

More like fly-over country. Or maybe even fly away country. And there's no way in hell I'm gonna go into a shack in the middle of a lake. I don't care how thick that ice supposedly is. Give me palm trees, 80 degree temps and hurricanes any day of the week.

valpotx

Rowdy's step-dad looks like Cal Ripken Jr
"Don't mess with Texas"

78crusader

This performance tonight is inexcusable.

Paul

vuweathernerd

Quote from: 78crusader on February 26, 2013, 07:50:01 PM
This performance tonight is inexcusable.

Paul

the defense hasn't been that bad. not great, but not that bad. ysu has gotten A LOT of bounces. the offense, on the other hand, has been painful. they're getting their rolls and ours.

oklahomamick

This reminds me of our loss against YSU earlier this year.  They are hitting everything. 
CRUSADERS!!!

crusadermoe

Down by 13 and then come back to down 7 at the half.     A loss on senior night would be pretty devastating especially if it leads to coughing up the #1 seed and home court.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

crusadermoe

Nice comeback.    Team got it done.   

Where the h*** are the fans on a senior night game to clinch the league title?     Upper deck is empty.    Student turnout very lame.   Do students only go to TV games? 

vuweathernerd

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 26, 2013, 09:06:45 PM
Nice comeback.    Team got it done.   

Where the h*** are the fans on a senior night game to clinch the league title?     Upper deck is empty.    Student turnout very lame.   Do students only go to TV games? 

weather was undoubtedly a factor

govalpogo

Congratulations to the team on the 2nd HL reg season title in a row!  NIT locked up.  Now, how about we avoid that devastating late season/conference tourney loss this year.

valpotx

Attendance was miserable, and the students who didn't show up should be ashamed.  Snow or no snow, you can walk from the dorms.  Get off your a$$e$ and away from your computer/iPhone/iPad, and see something in real life. 

Great comeback, and we were fortunate that YSU came back to earth in the second half.  They hit so many absurd shots in the first half, that you had to just laugh it off.  Let's clinch the outright title at GB, as they are playing for the 3 seed still, and will come to play.  If GB wins, I believe they are the 3, with a loss, the 4.  We don't want to share the title with Detroit, so kick some a$$ in GB!!  It's amazing to think that this should have been our third regular season title in a row, outside of a dumb loss to Loyola two seasons ago.  I will take the 2 and an NCAA this year though!
"Don't mess with Texas"