• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Lunardi as of today

Started by milldew72, March 11, 2013, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milldew72

Check out bracketology today.
I love the spot Lunardi has VU in.
Two definitely winnable games
Now, as I'm superstitious as Heck, this is all dependent upon us winning tomorrow night, which certainly isn't guaranteed.
But just in case it happens, I like this draw.

LaPorteAveApostle

posting a link would be more helpful to your cause
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Valpo at 13 against OK State with future match-ups against eg Pitt and IU.

valpotx

I would much rather have a 13 seed, as I think we will get, but can't help but be selfish and wish for us to placed as a 14 in the Austin regional  ;D
"Don't mess with Texas"

ValpoHoops

The Valpo "pod" according to Lunardi (ESPN):

(San Jose)
13 Valparaiso
4 Oklahoma State

12 Temple
5 Pittsburgh

The Valpo "pod" according to Jerry Palm (CBS):

(Dayton)
14 Valparaiso
3 Florida

11 Oklahoma
6 VCU

Lunardi has some odd ones still...like that he moved Wisconsin back to the #4 line despite their loss this week to Purdue, in Madison and a drubbing at Michigan State. Palm has the Badgers at a #7, which seems closer (I am a Wisconsin fan as well, and I think they are probably a #6 right now).

Also, don't put too much stock into the difference between a #13 and #14...the committee has the leeway to move a team up or down a line to fit their other bracket rules (rematches, conference, teams close to home, etc.), so its entirely possible that one of these guys may have done this to make their bracket "work" within the rules.

Kyle321n

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 11, 2013, 12:12:49 PM
The Valpo "pod" according to Lunardi (ESPN):

(San Jose)
13 Valparaiso
4 Oklahoma State

12 Temple
5 Pittsburgh

The Valpo "pod" according to Jerry Palm (CBS):

(Dayton)
14 Valparaiso
3 Florida

11 Oklahoma
6 VCU

Lunardi has some odd ones still...like that he moved Wisconsin back to the #4 line despite their loss this week to Purdue, in Madison and a drubbing at Michigan State. Palm has the Badgers at a #7, which seems closer (I am a Wisconsin fan as well, and I think they are probably a #6 right now).

Also, don't put too much stock into the difference between a #13 and #14...the committee has the leeway to move a team up or down a line to fit their other bracket rules (rematches, conference, teams close to home, etc.), so its entirely possible that one of these guys may have done this to make their bracket "work" within the rules.

I want the Dayton pod selfishly so a ton of VU people can travel to the games.  San Jose would suck.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

LaPorteAveApostle

LET'S GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES!!!  bold is pod, italics is regional, distances in miles, not meters (this is america)

School   A.Hills   Aus     Day      K.C.       Lex       Phl         S.J.          SLC        D.C.       Dal      Ind      L.A.
Valpo   216 m   981 m   180 m   435 m   268 m   625 m   1873 m   1296 m   556 m   807 m   125 m   1782 m
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vu84v2

Need to win Tuesday.  All other speculation and discussion is meaningless until then.  I think that Wright State will come out and play very hard - making it a tight and tense game.

valpotx

Ok, we all know that we have to win Tuesday, and that this is just speculation until we win the HL tourney.  Part of the fun in a Fans Forum is the ability to ask, 'what if?'  It doesn't matter if, as a fan, we look past the next game to the ultimate prize.  Will our team play worse because I/we are focusing on the NCAA tournament?
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpotx on March 11, 2013, 01:28:58 PM
Ok, we all know that we have to win Tuesday, and that this is just speculation until we win the HL tourney.  Part of the fun in a Fans Forum is the ability to ask, 'what if?'  It doesn't matter if, as a fan, we look past the next game to the ultimate prize.  Will our team play worse because I/we are focusing on the NCAA tournament?

I enjoy thinking about stuff like this, but I'm also pretty superstitious about it too. We had a similar thread going last year only to end up getting blown out on our own floor.

agibson

Quote from: vuweathernerd on March 11, 2013, 01:32:49 PMI enjoy thinking about stuff like this, but I'm also pretty superstitious about it too. We had a similar thread going last year only to end up getting blown out on our own floor.

Superstition aside, if _don't_ think about it now, and happen to lose, we _never_ get the delight of running through it all!

milanmiracle

If you think about losing...you will.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

valpotx

That is as a player, not a fan. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

truth219

I agree, with tx. Saturday night with 1 min remaining I along with most people around the country thought we were going to lose. Turns out we won.

vu72

Quote from: vu84v2 on March 11, 2013, 12:38:38 PM
Need to win Tuesday.  All other speculation and discussion is meaningless until then.  I think that Wright State will come out and play very hard - making it a tight and tense game.

So, there then must be "meaningful" speculation.  ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Valpo2010

Quote from: truth219 on March 11, 2013, 02:16:21 PMSaturday night with 1 min remaining I along with most people around the country thought we were going to lose. Turns out we won.

I was standing in my seat at the ARC trying to make myself feel better about a loss...I kept thinking "at least I'll save money on a flight to wherever we'd be playing in the NCAA's"...

I spent my morning pricing flights to the various tourney locations today...

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 11, 2013, 12:02:52 PM
posting a link would be more helpful to your cause
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
It's easy to find. Just google search Lunacy Lunardi bracketology.

When will spellcheck ever recognize google as spelled correctly? Now that I look again when will spellcheck recognize spellcheck as spelled correctly?

valporun

Quote from: bbtds on March 11, 2013, 05:03:48 PMNow that I look again when will spellcheck recognize spellcheck as spelled correctly?

Now that I look again, when will spellcheck recognize spellcheck as spelled correctly?

When the grammar police "comma" callin'?

bbtds

Quote from: valporun on March 12, 2013, 10:29:11 AM
Quote from: bbtds on March 11, 2013, 05:03:48 PMNow that I look again when will spellcheck recognize spellcheck as spelled correctly?

Now that I look again, when will spellcheck recognize spellcheck as spelled correctly?

When the grammar police "comma" callin'?

Comma, comma, comma, comma, comma, expertian, you come and gooooooooo. You come and gooooooooooooooo!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valporun on March 12, 2013, 10:29:11 AMWhen the grammar police "comma" callin'?

so jealous i didn't think of this first.

ValpoHoops

Tuesday morning update:

Lunardi:

(San Jose)
5 Syracuse
12 Davidson

4 Oklahoma State
13 Valparaiso

Palm: (note, this one is the same!)

(Dayton)
14 Valparaiso
3 Florida

11 Oklahoma
6 VCU

Kyle321n

Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

agibson

The disagreement seems to be that Lunardi's got Stephen F. Austin and SD State behind Valpo.  While Palm's got them ahead.

Whoah, and Lunardi raised Davidson to a _12_.  That doesn't seem very likely to me.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 11, 2013, 12:12:49 PMAlso, don't put too much stock into the difference between a #13 and #14...the committee has the leeway to move a team up or down a line to fit their other bracket rules (rematches, conference, teams close to home, etc.), so its entirely possible that one of these guys may have done this to make their bracket "work" within the rules.

But, I don't see it happening either...

agibson

Maybe.  But, are Palm and Lunardi actually following the rules?

That could be a fun game, also, but it would be nice if it came with explanations as to who got moved and why.  Whether because of being in the same conference (first three teams in different regions, and no conference team matches until region finals?), geographical protection (top five seeds not to be put at a first round crowd disadvantage?), rematch of a regular season game (is that even a rule?), etc.