• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Navy

Started by jetz, March 12, 2013, 10:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

Mahoney will greet the Navy southpaw reliever with a chopper to short, who makes the play to end the inning.  Valpo gets one on the Hara bomb, and we lead 7-1 after 8...Yoder back out for the 9th.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

A scout or two are here watching today.  We're told that there will be scouts at many of the WH games.  The leadoff Navy hitter lines out to short, and there's one away in the 9th.

jetz

The next hitter singles to left, and there's one on.  Now a bouncer up the middle is knocked down by a diving Mahoney, but there's no play.  Two on after the single. 

jetz

Mahar getting loose for Valpo.  Yoder getsa swinging K for the second out.

jetz

A soft line drive is speared by Yoder at the mound, at Valpo wins it 7-1.  The Crusaders move to 5-10.  Lundeen with the win after going 7 innings.  We'll be back with more updates tonight at 7p EDT when we play Yale at Chain O' Lakes Park at Winter Haven.  Good job Valpo!   :thumbsup:

Valposter

Thanks Jetz for the great play by play.  Great job as always and much appreciated.  Nice to jump out early and close the deal in relatively uncontested fashion today in the first one.  Now let's take two later tonight!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: Valposter on March 13, 2013, 11:02:55 AMThanks Jetz for the great play by play.  Great job as always and much appreciated.

Ditto! 

Pretty impressive to score five runs barely hitting the ball out of the infield.  Nickel-and-diming...

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Good victory over a team that has been to some NCAA tourneys!  Let's beat Yale as well tonight!
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valposter

Nice to see Lundeen step up as a freshman and pitch well today.  Some of our bats are starting to heat up.  Need Manning, Mahoney, Mormon, Loeffler and Hara to start hitting.  Hara hit the HR today but we need better consistency (avg. and obp.) from him with his speed.  Martin seems to be hitting better lately.  Bain, Cribbs, Vavra have really been carrying the offense for awhile now but they need others to join in the fun more consistently.  Karch, Bynum and Johnson competing  for more at bats.  I'm sure the coaches are watching closely to see if someone is getting hot to secure more at-bats.
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!