• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

3/21, 12:15pm ET: NCAA First Game: (14) Valpo v. (3) Michigan State Game Thread

Started by Zoltar, March 17, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

By the way, no WAKE radio app today, darn it.  Proprietary reasons, according to their website.

rink

Izzo's wearing Valpo colors on his tie? What the heck, I'll predict 63-62 good guys.

FWalum

Have had some good looks but are playing scared. When was the last time you saw Ryan throw up an air ball?
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

Ryan looks scared.  He's playing horrible and therefore there is no way we can stay in this game.  We need our best player to have at least an average game.  His a air ball and turnover underneath our basketball for an easy dunk are the first...
CRUSADERS!!!

FWalum

Quote from: StlVUFan on March 21, 2013, 10:27:20 AM
By the way, no WAKE radio app today, darn it.  Proprietary reasons, according to their website.
That really sucks.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

rink

humbleopinion

Starting to slip away. Ryan has to start sinking some shots.  I was hoping that the free throws would spark him.
Beamin' Beacons

FWalum

Stop adjusting everything when going to the rim or shooting. If you adjust your shot you don't get the call.

truth219

This is what happens when valpo plays a good team...they crumble. It happens time and time again.

jack

Valpo's only shot at this one was to hit their shots. They can't miss that many point blank shots from underneath and have a prayer at hanging with MS.
Got to come out with a purpose in the second half, and make it respectable.

rink

It's going to sound ridiculous, but we're playing really well aside from the shooting issues.  Not a lot of turnovers, good patient play, open looks, hanging very tough on defense, lots of energy, active feet, active hands.  I'm not a Drew apologist, but I think he did a really good job getting his guys fired up to play.  The shots just didn't fall.  A normal shooting day, and we trail by a basket.  An above average shooting day, and we're sitting at half time with a lead.

crusadermoe

Yes, missing shots has been the key.   And I agree wtih Rink that we looked good otherwise.

Not sure why we passed up so many open 3's.      Buggs should not be trying to drive and kick against MSU.   Just doesn't work.

When they started hitting 3s it was over.       I think they need to just start bombing from deep and that increases the number of possessions and the number of long rebounds that they can get with smaller size.    MSU got too many 2nd chance points early but size can't be taught or done with hustle.   

Chairback

I think you are watching a different game than me.  Forced shots, no fluidity in the offensive, tentative......

The team looks scared and beat and not fired up.

Valposter

20 points in 24 minutes of basketball.  Uggg...........very frustrating.
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

humbleopinion

This should be an audition for Ryan for his professional career.  I'm afraid that his chances to play in the NBA are fading.
Beamin' Beacons

FWalum

Are you kidding me!  Can we miss any more shots? We need to deck somebody, Kenney should have gotten on the floor for that loose ball.

valpopal

Finally, Bobby and Kevin on the court together! I have been calling for this since midway through the first half.

Chairback

Deer in the headlights look should not be there with the maturity this team should have.

This is embarrassing.

humbleopinion

This isn't fun. but at least it's not as frustrating as the first game against Arizona.  And with four stations doing the broadcasting, we'll be able to see the end of the game.
Beamin' Beacons

milanmiracle

"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

valpospartan

Tough game for KVW. Sorry to see him end his career on a sour note.

crusadermoe

Why didn't we bomb away (esp. Kenney) and full court press when we got within 15.      Odds of catching them would be 200:1 but hey it's your one shot in life to get a memory. 

If Buggs had made his 2 intentional foul FTs and Ryan hit his open 3 we come within 10 with 8+ minutes. 

Why leave anything on the court? 

govalpogo

Quote from: crusadermoe on March 21, 2013, 01:15:40 PM
Why didn't we bomb away (esp. Kenney) and full court press when we got within 15.      Odds of catching them would be 200:1 but hey it's your one shot in life to get a memory. 

If Buggs had made his 2 intentional foul FTs and Ryan hit his open 3 we come within 10 with 8+ minutes. 

Why leave anything on the court? 

That was a series of big missed shots as the door had a crack in it.   Kudos to the team for not giving up till the final whistle.  65-54 is better than 70-35 and for that, I am grateful. Congratulations Crusaders on a very good season.  Seniors, way to play with dignity to the end.  Let's build on it for next year!