• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Great Story on Van Wijk

Started by vusupporter, March 20, 2013, 07:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vusupporter

Sometimes I think Kevin gets lost in the shuffle a bit with Ryan's prowess, and sometimes I think we forget just how much he had to go through to be able to play at the level he does today.  A great article in today's NWI Times by Paul Oren on Van Wijk's journey: http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/basketball/college/van-wijk-and-eksten-s-relationship-has-helped-push-the/article_b56a693a-3d35-56bd-802c-feb10a4523d3.html

vu84v2

Nice article.

As Valpo fans, we should all be very appreciative of how hard Kevin has worked to get himself into playing shape.  He has also improved nicely through his years at Valpo, especially with his inside skills.  One recent improvement that I had noticed in his game is his rebounding.  In the last 5-6 games, he seems much more aggressive on the boards (not that he was poor before). 

His ability to hold his own against Michigan State's bigs will be a big key tomorrow.

VULB#62

HC

I think the thing about this team that is special and will be remembered, is that each player plays such an important role and plays it well.  If we are missing even one of them (especially Erik, Ryan, or Kevin) the team looks completely different, and not in a good way.  I'm excited to get the opportunity to cheer these guys on tomorrow in person, and will continue to do so as long as they keep the season alive. It was been a privilege to be able to watch these guys for 4 (or 5) years, and I'm excited for this new group of recruits who will hopefully stick around just as long as be just as fun to cheer for.

humbleopinion

Thanks for posting the link.  The article in the print version of the Times was "continued on B6."  B6 was a full page ad.
Beamin' Beacons