• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Carson Cunningham head coach

Started by HC, May 22, 2013, 09:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HC

Carson Cunningham is moving to the collegiate ranks....might he be a Valpo candidate if/when Bryce moves on to other things?

valpotx

Who is Carson Cunningham?  I would think that we would go with an established D-1 Assistant or Head Coach if Bryce leaves in the next few years
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

Quote from: HC on May 22, 2013, 09:43:19 PM
Carson Cunningham is moving to the collegiate ranks....might he be a Valpo candidate if/when Bryce moves on to other things?
I guess he is giving up his tenure track position at DePaul:

http://helenair.com/sports/college/carroll-college/indiana-prep-coach-picked-to-lead-carroll-men-s-basketball/article_0e500b34-c22a-11e2-912f-001a4bcf887a.html

Good for Carson!

I would think that if Valpo were to look outside the VU basketball family, Dr. Cunningham's name might come up in conversation.

covufan

Quote from: valpotx on May 23, 2013, 11:11:50 AMWho is Carson Cunningham?
Region player, good career at Purdue. 

covufan

Quote from: covufan on May 23, 2013, 11:16:16 AMI would think that if Valpo were to look outside the VU basketball family, Dr. Cunningham's name might come up in conversation.
After some success at Carroll, of course.

LaPorteAveApostle

He is a brilliant, brilliant guy. 

He also has yet to work at a non-Catholic school, though. *rib nudge*
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valporun

I was confused because I thought it was Carroll College in Wisconsin. Didn't realize there is a Carroll College in Montana. Best of luck to him there. In the two comments posted with the article, it seems that a couple of 'fans' feel that this might not have been the best decision, but then when does it ever seem that a college AD makes the decision that a fanbase wants?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valporun on May 24, 2013, 11:48:48 AMit seems that a couple of 'fans' feel that this might not have been the best decision
it would be kind of like our reaction if he beat out Roger Powell to replace Bryce in 2018.  still a brilliant choice.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on May 23, 2013, 12:47:32 PM
He is a brilliant, brilliant guy. 

He also has yet to work at a non-Catholic school, though. *rib nudge*

So that means he'll succeed Stevens at Butler?