• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Campbell @ Valpo

Started by VULB#62, September 23, 2013, 06:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milanmiracle

Quote from: bbtds on September 25, 2013, 08:13:55 PM
So, 0-33 against everybody else and 2-0 against Campbell. You think Mike Minter is going to stand for that. The Camels are the only team to lose to Valpo in the last 4 seasons. Mike, the Camel coach, played through a Super Bowl game with a broken foot. He will some how lead Campbell to a victory.

And that is why I think Campbell will win. There's no way they didn't have Valpo circled on the calendar. Mike Minter > Dale Carlson
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

usc4valpo

I think a loss in this game will be a clear, no doubt ending for Carlson's coaching tenure at Valpo.  He will be gone without a doubt by the end of the season if there is a loss in this game.   He may still be gone if they win and not win a couple more.

Also, this game could be the make or break for football at Valparaiso University.  This is homecoming, there will be a lot of people, and some influential folks.  IMHO, there is a lot at stake at this game.

any thoughts?

A loss today will definitely seal Carlson's fate.  Would love to see him removed immediately, but doubt that will happen.  To save his job, a victory today will have to be the start of a MAJOR turnaround with several more wins.  Don't see this happening given the track record.  Hasn't happened in 3.5 years!  Agree that Minter has had this game circled and has been hyping it since camp opened. They do not want to lose to Dale Carlson again.  Going to be tough for Valpo to beat them for a third time in spite of the Homecoming crowd.

That said, IMO, Valpo will not drop football.  Hopefully, they will use the Carlson hire to be more selective with the next choice.  We need someone younger, more flexible with the "system'" and foreword thinking. 

vu72

Well, if you are trying to gain supporters and, donors, what better chance then at Homecoming.  The record is pathetic at Homecoming so a win today is a must.  The pressure is on !!!!!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

obligatory:  "the camels are coming hurrah hurrah"

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

IndyValpo

Good start, td in a handful of plays!!!

valporun

Anyone else struggling to get an audio or video feed for the game? Almost 10 minutes, and no WVUR, WAKE or HLN/UStream, at least from my vantage point.

No audio or video.  Awesome!

FloridaFootball

I am struggling to see or hear the game as well.

VULB#62

Only have Game Tracker up.  Gave up a FG after an INT and a 43 yd runback.  First drive -- Hutson got 7 on 1st down, then Hoffman throws two incompletes with only 3 yards to get.  Play selection!

valpotx

It just came on for me, in time to see the bad snap for a safety on a punt
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

Same here, tx, then it just went 'off air' again at the end of the 1st quarter.

valporun

Mercer may not be the pushover we all thought they would be as a 1st year team, but they are leading Drake, 17-7. If the Crusaders don't pull this game out against Campbell, then there is no chance we'll beat Mercer, who has a 3-0 record and a winning attitude...UGH!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Second half underway.  Where's the video? 

valporun

Good question, 414!! This was how the game started out, no audio feed either!! I'm thinking numerous phone calls from all of us to Mark LaBarbara about this issue is in order. This happens way too often, and someone needs to be accountable for it.

Dave_2010

I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, the way the football team plays or the athletic department's inability to provide a reliable video.

valporun

The rest of the PFL games are complete.

Marist 31-Dayton 20

Mercer 31- Drake 17

Morehead St. 45- Davidson 14

Butler 45- Jacksonville 27

San Diego 59- Stetson 0

If your school started with an M- Congratulations! If your school started with a D, did it end with one? Poor Stetson, why couldn't you be on our schedule this season?

KL31NY

I've had WVUR on my laptop since halftime and it's working for me. I also have the video tab up in case it comes back.

Sounds like Campbell just kicked a field goal. I believe it's now 28-21 Camels early in the second half
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valporun

The audio thru WVUR is back, but really choppy to the point of completely worthless to listen to it.

valporun

Yup, 28-21 Campbell, but the audio, at least for me, is back to buffering. Anyone ready to join me on the phone call overload? I'm glad I wasn't asked to pay $5-10 for this game.

This ineptness fits right in with the whole football debacle! 

valporun

It seems the video is back and forth. Not sure who is in charge of this setup for the athletic department, but either the person needs better training/understanding of what their job is, or needs to be handed a pink slip? I guess it is a good thing that all other sports are covered by people thru the Horizon League who have a grasp of what they are doing with the video feeds, because the guy who works this for football sure doesn't.

KL31NY

TIED AT 28 LATE IN THE THIRD QUARTER!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."

Pgmado

Chad -- The guy running the video feed also helps run the video feeds for basketball and the other sports. None of these people are provided by the Horizon League. I haven't watched the stream (I'm at the game), so I can't speak to what you're seeing. Just want to state that the staff is largely the same today as it is for basketball games.

KL31NY

Campbell retakes the lead on a "Receiver-Reverse-Option-Pass" (pgmado's description) and Valpo responds with a touchdown of its own, but misses the extra point...

Seinfeld reference coming...

Newman!

But all jokes aside, one point game currently favoring Campbell about midway through the fourth quarter. Big kickoff return into Valpo territory by Campbell