• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

When will 2014 Baseball Schedule be released?

Started by Valposter, October 16, 2013, 09:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valposter

Does anyone have any insight as to when the 2014 baseball schedule will be released?  Just trying to plan some trips and coordinate logistics.  I think it was released in September last year, but I was anticipating it would take a little longer with the new coaching staff transition.  Any insights out there?     
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

jetz

For others on the forum who are interested, 91 of the 290 or so teams in D1 have posted their schedule.  By checking those out, you can start to piece together the Valpo schedule.  As of this morning, no HL team has posted their complete schedule.  Valpo's spring trip will be down to Texas.  We play the Longhorns on March 4th.  I see a game against UIW in San Antonio on March 11th.  (Yes, I had to look it up.  UIW is University of Incarnate Word, and they have a good baseball team.  Plus, I like San Antonio, so I approve. ;D)  Ball State visits Valpo on March 25th.   
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: jetz on October 18, 2013, 10:34:17 AMPlus, I like San Antonio, so I approve. ) 
And I like the Word Incarnate, so I do too :)

Hopefully you'll be down here in SWFL again and this time I'll make it!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

mklhaas

There is also a 3 game series against McNeese State(Lake Charles, LA) starting Feb 28th

valpotx

UIW is just moving up to D-1 athletics, and I believe that they will be in the Southland Conference, along with Abilene Christian University.

I might have to make the UT game, and see if my HS teammate/friend will go with me.  He was their #2 or #3 starting pitcher on their national championship team in 2002, and I would love it if we beat them while we attended a game together  :).  We possibly would have been college teammates as well if I didn't hurt my arm requiring surgery my Sr year of HS.
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpotx on October 21, 2013, 02:28:48 PMWe possibly would have been college teammates as well if I didn't hurt my arm requiring surgery my Sr year of HS.
Well, dude, I am sorry for your injury, but it was definitely our gain!  Where would we be without you here, let alone the pitching rubber!?!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Well, I did absolutely NOTHING for VU baseball on the field, other than a ton of JV innings pitched lol.  Good old TJ surgery back when it was a crap shoot  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

Darth_Sader08

They will probably have a similar midweek schedule right? ND, IPFW, Western Mich. , Ball State.....I just hope they stop playing all of those non-D1's. It seemed like the previous staff loaded those up in recent years. Good stat fillers i guess.

valpotx

That's something that has always been done, and a lot of D1 teams do to get their backup players more game time (future building).  Otherwise, they only experience practices against the same pitchers/batters from your own team, not allowing you to get the feel of a true game.  While it is always fun to hit/pitch against your teammates, you tend to learn each other's tendencies, and it isn't the same challenge over time that a new team presents, even a crappy one.  They could technically schedule more teams like Chicago State that are absolutely terrible at the D1 level, but I believe those affect the RPI, whereas non-D1 games do not affect RPI.  Not that RPI matters for our league, but I assume it has always had something to do with it.
"Don't mess with Texas"