• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Thoughts for the next/last football preview

Started by IndyValpo, November 06, 2013, 08:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

It seems that every week this is the same responses to the same questions.  I think Todd and coach even have the same clothes on each week.  Were these all produced at the same time? 

Shake it up.....changes sides, do it somewhere else...how about asking about the development of the recruiting class.  This class was trumpted as a good one and it seems like only about 5 are contributing today, why? 

Or, talk to another coach.  So tired of the same thing week in and week out. Guess what, we need to finish plays!  Coach Carlson must be needing some extra inspiration this morning.  He retweeted eight inspirational quotes including a nice one from Olsteen.  Herein lies the problem. The guy can't think for himself!  Trying to be like the "big time" head coaches without the qualifications.  Hope he enjoys his last two weeks of work . . .  Do the right thing Valpo! 

usc4valpo

Agreed, I noticed during that preview that they were going through the motions.  This is not good and throwing a barage of inspirational quotes and saying the same crap week in and out will not inspire recruits.  I hope for the coach, the players and for the university that the administration gets their heads out of the sand and make a change.

VUdad

The weekly previews are as predictable as our offense.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

usc4valpo

Perhaps they show the preview show at Jackson's, where Old Styles and sliders are being served in the back...

historyman

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 07, 2013, 08:37:39 PMPerhaps they show the preview show at Jackson's, where Old Styles and sliders are being served in the back...
I know alumni like to reminisce about the times when they were in school. The bar just off US 30 on Axe Ave (may Mrs. Brown rest in peace) is now known as Duffy's Place and you can no longer cross the median of US 30 to turn left off eastbound 30 onto Axe Ave. There is a concrete divider in that median now. I bet a lot of you didn't know before there was a nudist colony around Sagers Lake, just off City View Dr, which is the old continuation of Axe Ave south of 30, VU students in the early 1900's used to use Sagers Lake for recreational purposes. The name comes from Sagers Mill which was on Sagers Lake.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shookphotos/sets/72157622873703959/

https://maps.google.com/?ll=41.455657,-87.051265&spn=0.010051,0.019763&t=h&z=16
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann