• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Well this is embarassing

Started by VU75, March 16, 2014, 06:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU75

68 teams.... not one from Illinois...not one from Indiana

talksalot

When I saw your title... I thought you were going to say something about the CBS commentary about UWGB not getting in because of "The bad loss at Valparaiso"... Now THERE's an OUCH

LaPorteAveApostle

They said that? 

...As Howard Dean would say...Yeeaaarrgh.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Quote from: talksalot on March 16, 2014, 06:56:26 PMWhen I saw your title... I thought you were going to say something about the CBS commentary about UWGB not getting in because of "The bad loss at Valparaiso"... Now THERE's an OUCH
Did they actually say that the Valpo loss was a bad loss? I think they mentioned losing to Milwaukee and Valpo during the conference season but I'm not sure they meant to connect that thought with the losses being bad.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Smj

uwgb probably deserved a spot in the dance.   (Virginia got a 1 seed)

LaPorteAveApostle

Nope. 21-6?  Not really dance material.

They needed to beat both Harvard and EMU to deserve a spot...

...wait for it...

OR JUST MILWAUKEE FERGODSAKES
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

Caught that. Honestly that "bad loss" to Valpo was probably the difference between a bid or not.

Also, Valpo's RPI last year was higher than Green bay's this year.  Playing nobody on the road hurt their RPI. If green bay went and lost to Michigan State on the road instead of beating Chicago State, honestly I think they'd be in.

valpotx

I would have to say that their loss at home against Milwaukee was a much worse loss than at a conference opponent's site...
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

The TV broadcast team for the GB/Milwaukee game said they had contacted both Palm and Lunardi prior to the game. Both said that if fully rested GB lost in the semi-finals on their home court to a 5 seed playing its 2nd game in 24 hours, they would not get in, and of course that's exactly what happened.

Like everyone else I was rooting for them to get an at-large, but the truth is a mid major on the bubble just can't flop in their tourney semi-final on their home court against a much lower seeded team with a high RPI and a losing conference record. The whole double bye thing is designed to keep that very thing from happening, and until this year it never has happened. GB had a golden opportunity with everything set-up in their favor, and they just flat out blew it.

And remember, they not only let themselves down, they let the entire conference - all of us - down. Instead of having our best team in the tourney with a 12 or 13 seed and a realistic chance to win a game or two, the HL is represented by a team with less talent and a nearly impossible 2-15 match-up. That's not a place the 14th ranked conference should be, but we are where we are.

Valpo_Hockey