• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Butler Coach - Medical Leave

Started by IndyValpo, October 02, 2014, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Saw this at espn.com as well.  Wish him well as he deals with his health. 

wh

Pretty amazing how far Butler has fallen in such a short time - from a premier mid major and national sports darling to a bottom feeder in the Big East going on its 3rd head coach in 3 years:

http://www.wthr.com/video?clipId=10677993&autostart=true

Their competitors in the Big East will have a field day with negative recruiting, especially in the Conference footprint.  This is not the HL where they could rely on the talent pool in their own back yard.

vu72

No wonder Derrik picked us over Butler!   ;D
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: wh on October 11, 2014, 02:18:19 AMTheir competitors in the Big East will have a field day with negative recruiting, especially in the Conference footprint.  This is not the HL where they could rely on the talent pool in their own back yard.

If they were better recruiters they could. There is plenty of talent in the Indy metro. Teagues, Gordons, Conley, Oden, etc.

FWalum

Can not view the video.  Do you have to have an account?  What does Bob say?
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

bbtds

Quote from: FWalum on October 11, 2014, 10:49:33 AM

Kravitz acts like the jerk he always has been. He hit on my neighbors' wife at journalism school at IU and she detested him and made it clear she wanted no part of BK. I hope Brandon Miller comes back with another program and skunks Butler. In the mean time this all boils down to Collier making terrible decisions.

wh

Quote from: FWalum on October 11, 2014, 10:49:33 AM

I was using their mobile site. Maybe that's the problem. Here's the full site page. Scroll down to find the video.  Let me know if that works. :)

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

blackpantheruwm

I can't believe the balls on Bob Kravitz, to come out and say that Butler "deserves better" than a guy who is on medical leave of absence...what a prick.

the Butler board is crazy

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: blackpantheruwm on October 11, 2014, 04:30:18 PMthe Butler board is crazy
before or after the announcement?

...oh, wait...doesn't matter
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Quote from: blackpantheruwm on October 11, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
I can't believe the balls on Bob Kravitz, to come out and say that Butler "deserves better" than a guy who is on medical leave of absence...what a prick.

the Butler board is crazy

What Kravitz is really saying is that B Miller can't handle the pressure of the job and Miller has taken leaves before because of stress. Butler can't release that info because of HIPAA regulations. Why did Collier hire B Miller if he knew this? How can you blame Brandon? The fault lies with Collier's decisions. Calling out B Miller is not the answer now. Kravitz should be supporting the welfare of B Miller not causing more tention. Collier should now work with Brandon to get his mental health in order, if that happens to be the problem. You can't give up on Miller now. BU did make an official hiring of Miller. If Miller decides he can't handle it and no longer wants the job, as Kravitz alludes to, then Brandon  can resign. OTOH if Brandon needs leave he should be supported and allowed to get healthy per a doctor's decision.
Not Krackvitz decision for Butler's welfare and toss Miller aside. Illegal and not morally correct. But that is the way Bob K thinks.

Yep. I heard Kravitz has had a crack problem. Lord knows he wants that spread all over the state. Why say the equivalent about Brandon Miller? Bob, Brandon Miller can get better and be a successful head coach. You have now made that virtually impossible. Shame, shame on you Krackvitz!!!!!

valpo64

Are B Kravitz and Tom Davis related?

LaPorteAveApostle

You're thinking of Lenny Kravitz (Bob's his aunt) and Jim Davis, who, even though he went to Ball State, not Butler, is Tom Davis' far more successful brother.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo64

Any new information out on the status and condition of Butler's Brandon Miller?

bbtds

Quote from: valpo64 on October 18, 2014, 09:26:34 AM
Any new information out on the status and condition of Butler's Brandon Miller?

This week Collier and Holtman, officially the interim head coach, filled positions opened up by the absence of Brandon Miller.

http://butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/2014-15/releases/20141014n9psvn

The fact that Butler is filling those positions with hires does not bode well at all for the return of Miller this season. What is Butler going to do, suddenly announce that Brandon Miller is back at head coach and demote the director of basketball operations to equipment manager? The future of Brandon Miller at Butler does not look good.

VULB#62

Here is an updated (10/22) article subsequent to the Big East media day that discusses the medical leave.  A player is interviewed and the main characters are still saying they are keeping the details close to the chest to protect Miller's privacy.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11745141/butler-bulldogs-limbo-coach-brandon-miller-remains-medical-leave-absence

usc4valpo

I will never understand the forum's dislike for Butler.  What is the deal for the animosity? Do they cheat?  Or are you guys jealous of their success?  I don't get it; I respect them.  They have developed an excellent basketball program the past 10 years, and if I am missing something they are doing it the right way.

LaPorteAveApostle

you have to have the Other.

Who else are we gonna hate?  You I See?

bbtds

I was told Brandon was seen coming out of ValleVista Hospital in Greenwood but I have no idea what that means or if it was even true.

valpotx

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 23, 2014, 05:07:59 PM
I will never understand the forum's dislike for Butler.  What is the deal for the animosity? Do they cheat?  Or are you guys jealous of their success?  I don't get it; I respect them.  They have developed an excellent basketball program the past 10 years, and if I am missing something they are doing it the right way.

My dislike stems from playing them in baseball, and how cocky their teams were, even though they weren't anything special (we usually beat them each year).  It is much different than my HATE for ORU, which is based on the fact that they were always a top 25 team, always beat us, and never lost in conference.  Also, both fans forums are ridiculously cocky about their sports programs, and look down on others.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

vu72

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 23, 2014, 05:07:59 PM

It goes way back as even when I was a student the rivilry was hot and BU fans thought they were always at a different level.  When they made their runs it was as bad as ever.  Their fans always saying that they were way better and didn't belong in the Horizon.  We always played them close and beat them the last four times we played yet the "we are much better" theme continued.  Their fans never put the fact that their success was tied more to a few players rather than a "system" that made them better.  Now that they have their wish and belong to a higher rated conference the lack of success is always amusing.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

...and when we were in the Mid Con they refused to play us, then they offered a slap-in-the-face 2 for 1, and now as stated by ml they are refusing to play us despite ml's numerous attempts to connect.  You also might go over to the butler fans message board and read through the Brandon Miller on medical leave thread to get a feel for the classlessness of their fans as they trash their coach who is suffering from an unknown illness, hoping he never returns, declaring that he owes it to the fans to publicly state what's going on, etc. I've never seen more knuckleheads in 1 group than that bunch.

bbtds

Quote from: wh on October 24, 2014, 10:54:19 AM
...and when we were in the Mid Con they refused to play us, then they offered a slap-in-the-face 2 for 1, and now as stated by ml they are refusing to play us despite ml's numerous attempts to connect.  You also might go over to the butler fans message board and read through the Brandon Miller on medical leave thread to get a feel for the classlessness of their fans as they trash their coach who is suffering from an unknown illness, hoping he never returns, declaring that he owes it to the fans to publicly state what's going on, etc. I've never seen more knuckleheads in 1 group than that bunch.

Try working with them on a daily basis.

BTW, the B*ck F*tler one I had never used before and it was, shall I say, old hat for Wright St fans before Valpo joined the "new Mid-Con." Glad I'm out of the office for a few days after springing that one. :-)