• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #6 - Homecoming vs. Missouri Baptist

Started by VULB#62, October 05, 2014, 11:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

After that disastrous self- destruction versus Marist, the Crusaders have to come back strong.

MBU lost to SW Baptist 56-0 this Saturday.  They are 0-6.  They have scored 43 points and have given up 329.  They are primarily freshmen and sophomores.

usc4valpo

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

usc4valpo

LaPorteAveApostle

Nothing inherently.  Just guilt by association from dcvalpo turned crusaders03 turned sadersofthelostarc.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

usc4valpo

no, no, I would not change my identity. I have a degree at Valpo and USC and will stay that way.  I will bag the Sader term as you wish.  Removing Carlson's comparison to Joel Osteen is not on the table.

Missouri Baptist is one the the worst teams in college football - period.  This game should be the ultimate ham and egger.

bbtds

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 06, 2014, 03:11:50 PM
no, no, I would not change my identity. I have a degree at Valpo and USC and will stay that way.  I will bag the Sader term as you wish.  Removing Carlson's comparison to Joel Osteen is not on the table.

Missouri Baptist is one the the worst teams in college football - period.  This game should be the ultimate ham and egger.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1+College+Park+Dr,+Missouri+Baptist+University,+Creve+Coeur,+MO+63141/@38.642663,-90.460832,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87d8d2b014c9f37b:0x2f9412cd87b6c00a

The Mormons, the Catholics, the Baptists all in the jewish town of Creve Coeur next to the Interstate 64/270 interchange.

covufan

We need a big win this weekend.  Build some confidence on all facets of the game.

Valpo    48

MOBap   10

valpotx

Hopefully we gain some confidence from this game, to lead to another 2+ wins in conference!

Valpo 35
Missouri Baptist 10
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 06, 2014, 03:11:50 PMno, no, I would not change my identity.
Oh, I'm not even suggesting that...even as a joke.  Tex would, though.

valpotx

Is it really changing your identity, if you have multiple personalities, as Saders does? ;)  Technically, he isn't aware of his other identities on this site.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

no, I won't do that identity stuff.

that breakfast looks real promising for Saturday.  A cup of good coffee and we are ready to roll!

VUDad

Assuming our special team play improves, I guess Valpo 42-7.
Agree with VULB#62 about wanting to see more passes going to Gladney, who is the fastest guy on the team, and for Stahl to get more action than a series or two. Looking for the D to have a big game so we can dip down into the depth chart and have more guys get on the field before facing the grind of the upcoming PFL games.

ballmom

Bama will be on campus if you get in a bind. [emoji16] #WeLove96

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VULB#62

Quote from: VUDad on October 07, 2014, 08:00:43 PM
Agree with VULB#62 about wanting to see more passes going to Gladney, who is the fastest guy on the team, and for Stahl to get more action than a series or two. Looking for the D to have a big game so we can dip down into the depth chart and have more guys get on the field before facing the grind of the upcoming PFL games.

This is a transition year for the program and every opportunity to develop depth among returning players should be leveraged when we can.  We still need to win a couple and not sacrefice any chances.  This game may provide one such opportunity.

VULB#62

Quote from: ballmom on October 07, 2014, 10:22:47 PM
Bama will be on campus if you get in a bind. [emoji16] #WeLove96

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fair.  He should have been here from day one.   

VUDad

Quote from: VULB#62 on October 07, 2014, 11:19:37 PM
Quote from: VUDad on October 07, 2014, 08:00:43 PM

This is a transition year for the program and every opportunity to develop depth among returning players should be leveraged when we can.  We still need to win a couple and not sacrefice any chances.  This game may provide one such opportunity.

Hoping this game allows both to happen.

valpopal

Though the weather was miserably cold and rainy at last week's game, and the outcome of the game just as disappointing, I had the pleasure of meeting some new faces, including a few who read or contribute to this board, such as VULB#62. I hope to have a chance to say hello to others at Homecoming this weekend, especially since the current forecast calls for sunny skies with temperatures near 60 degrees and 0% chance of rain. Plus, the game should be much more enjoyable! 

setshot

bbtds

Quote from: setshot on October 08, 2014, 02:37:35 PM
SHIELDS UP! This one could be a loser.

No doubt any game COULD be a "loser" but overall if our O line holds the Spartans only threat will not get enough yards for MOBap's first win in history. That is assuming our special teams shore up their play.

usc4valpo

I never understood why they used that bogus slogan.  At Drake last year, some dude would sarcastically repeat that slogan throughout the game.  Again, too bad as the shields became defective by the end the game.

That being said, Valpo can have paper shields on hand and will win convincingly.  To use a description by the great leader Robert Heenan, this opponent is a "ham and egger."

valpotx

Haha, that would be fun to watch, if the write-up wasn't an error:

Opponents have had their way with the Spartans on the ground. Through six games, Missouri Baptist has yielded 31 rushing touchdowns. On average, they surrender 344.7 rushing yards/game. The pass defense has experienced much more success, having allowed 1,192 passing yards per tilt.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Nice article on a Valpo engineer first.  This guy has his head on straight, congrats!

Gameday and ham and egger day baby!  Fry em up!

bbtds

Quote from: usc4valpo on October 11, 2014, 09:22:32 AM
Nice article on a Valpo engineer first.  This guy has his head on straight, congrats!

Gameday and ham and egger day baby!  Fry em up!

Hope we don't forget to execute and turn out to be