• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

College of Faith

Started by usc4valpo, September 12, 2015, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

You better not say anything about the College of Faith to their football coach, because he's also the president of the college and the athletic director.

http://www.collegeoffaith.org/faculty.html

http://www.gofaithwarriors.com/staff.html

I imagine he probably does a lot of the janitorial work in this building too.

http://tinyurl.com/p25yjgd

This is the address given in the College of Faith Course Catalog at the bottom of this page.

http://www.collegeoffaith.org/academics.html
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

vu72

If you are going to have your top two quarterback out, this would be the perfect time.  The hope is that nothing happens to Ryan Clarke so Jake Paliga can continue to be redshirted.  I found a comment by Coach C during this weeks preview somewhat troubling.  He said, in effect, that Ryan was relegated to the scout team last week because of some off the field issues where he wasn't acting like a quarterback (read, leader).  Hopefully the kid will get it together.  He is probably bigger then most of the kids on COF so doubt he will get hurt.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on September 15, 2015, 10:51:57 AM
If you are going to have your top two quarterback out, this would be the perfect time.  The hope is that nothing happens to Ryan Clarke so Jake Paliga can continue to be redshirted.  I found a comment by Coach C during this weeks preview somewhat troubling.  He said, in effect, that Ryan was relegated to the scout team last week because of some off the field issues where he wasn't acting like a quarterback (read, leader).  Hopefully the kid will get it together.  He is probably bigger then most of the kids on COF so doubt he will get hurt.

He actually was to see considerable time vs. SHU, but he did a stupid kid thing (nothing serious) over the previous weekend involving his age  ;-) and the staff had no choice but to demote him.  He would not have even gotten into Saturday's game except for the concussed QBs.  He did not do too well as the ball was deep in our territory and I believe he fumbled a snap.  Never threw a pass.  Valuable lesson learned for him - and the rest of the young players. He's a good kid and the coaches really like his skills.  Sizewise he is 6-5, 220 and was last year's long snapper due to that size.  Jonathan Coyne is this year's LS (6-1, 235) and has a rocket snap.

usc4valpo

what did he do to get suspended?

VU2624

Quote from: usc4valpo on September 15, 2015, 11:47:08 AM

From VULB62's comment it shouldn't be difficult to figure out.

IndyValpo

Quote from: vu72 on September 15, 2015, 10:51:57 AM

I believe Cody Labanowitz was a QB in HS. I wonder if he is in emergency training... 

VULB#62

Quote from: VU2624 on September 15, 2015, 11:56:58 AM
Quote from: usc4valpo on September 15, 2015, 11:47:08 AM

From VULB62's comment it shouldn't be difficult to figure out.

Not suspended.  Demoted to scout team - i.e., no reps in the VU offense for the week - ran SHU plays only.  Big difference - suspension he would not have even dressed.  He'll be OK, not worry.  Hey, he's a Jersey kid  8-)

Quote from: IndyValpo on September 15, 2015, 12:25:36 PM
I believe Cody Labanowitz was a QB in HS. I wonder if he is in emergency training... 

38 Career TDs - 20 passing 18 rushing, 3411 total yards.  Hey's listed as a DB but it's something to consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B198z2qSR1o

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on September 15, 2015, 12:53:09 PM

38 Career TDs - 20 passing 18 rushing, 3411 total yards.  Hey's listed as a DB but it's something to consider.

Is he healthy? He wasn't at one point not too far back.

vumsb

I believe he is not... Still recovering from his injury/surgery?

vumsb

I believe he is not... Still recovering from his injury/surgery?

VULB#62

usc4valpo

any predictions? it is a real crap shoot

Valpo 55, COF 0.

IndyValpo

Quote from: VU2624 on September 15, 2015, 05:25:45 PM

Quote from: VULB#62 on September 15, 2015, 12:53:09 PM

All I know is he was listed as making a tackle on Saturday.

VULB#62

Quote from: usc4valpo on September 15, 2015, 08:20:15 PM
any predictions? it is a real crap shoot

Valpo 55, COF 0.

If this was Vegas it would be off the board.  Too many unknown variables.  We don't know if they will even play 15 minutes quarters.  We don't know which of our key players will play.  I'm not even going to venture a guess other than it'll be a W.

covufan

Hopefully we'll turn the corner with turnovers.  Our QB situation is unknown - at least it is still an OOC game.  Hopefully we can rest the concussed QBs and still red-shirt the freshman.

Valpo  46
CoF      3

usc4valpo

I am not sure CoF has a kicker....

VU2624

Quote from: IndyValpo on September 15, 2015, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: VU2624 on September 15, 2015, 05:25:45 PM

All I know is he was listed as making a tackle on Saturday.

That was probably Merek Pierce who wears the same number but has been switched to DB.

Kyle321n

Quote from: usc4valpo on September 16, 2015, 10:17:36 AM

Their kicker is the school president, athletic director and head football coach. He also doubles as their registrar
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

covufan

Quote from: usc4valpo on September 16, 2015, 10:17:36 AM
Quote from: covufan on September 16, 2015, 09:43:47 AM
Hopefully we'll turn the corner with turnovers.  Our QB situation is unknown - at least it is still an OOC game.  Hopefully we can rest the concussed QBs and still red-shirt the freshman.

Valpo  46
CoF      3

Maybe I need to update my prediction.  No kicker.  This CoF team lost to McKendree 68-0.  The NC CoF team lost all games last year, not scoring in any of them.  I think you are correct.  Our defense shines.  Hopefully, we'll only run the ball in the second half.

Valpo  51
CoF     0

a3uge

Of they score a single point, Valpo needs to close its football program.

usc4valpo

Quote from: a3uge on September 16, 2015, 12:13:14 PMOf they score a single point, Valpo needs to close its football program.
I would not say that because there could be a fluke TD, but if the game is competitive there is certainly an argument.

hailcrusaders

Quote from: VULB#62 on September 14, 2015, 08:34:37 AMPFL Scores: Saturday, Sept. 12 (Bold = PFL, Underscore = VU 2015 opponents) Jacksonville 17, Newberry 14 VMI 43, Morehead State 40 Sacred Heart 56, Valparaiso 3 Campbell 35, Chowan 3 Georgetown 34, Marist 7 North Dakota 21, Drake 18  :thumbsup: to Drake. UND beat us 60-9 in 2013 Mercer 57, Stetson 14 Butler 41, Franklin 14 Catawba 35, Davidson 21 San Diego 45, Western New Mexico 21

re: Drake game: UND was up 21-0 at halftime and it appeared to be a laugher going into the break, but the Drake defense buckled down and held UND scoreless in the second half, and even notched a safety. They were especially effective at stopping the run.

Were it not for a failed 2-pt. conversion, Drake could have taken it to OT. What's especially impressive is 1) The game was at UND and 2) UND had just beaten FBS  :o Wyoming the previous week in Laramie. We'll see how the Bulldogs fare in the coming weeks, but I got a feeling beating them may be a little harder than anticipated.
#CrusadersForever

hailcrusaders

In the mean time, I'm geniunely intrigued as to this CoF game goes. What will await the Crusaders on the far sideline? How will it compare to the Missouri Baptist game last year? Should we even have to throw the ball after the 1st Quarter?
#CrusadersForever

VULB#62

Speaking of MBU, they are 0-2 so far this season.  Lost to Bethel University 48-7 and then lost a tough one to Siena Heights 42-35. At least they are a legit program.  Best of luck to them.

BTW, they are in the same NAIA league (Mid-States Football Association) as St. Francis of Indiana and Lindenwood-Belleville (where Dale Carlson is the HFBC and their field is gray and maroon stripes every 5 yards. L-BU is 1-1 losing their opener and wining by 1 point last Saturday).

VU2624

Quote from: usc4valpo on September 16, 2015, 12:26:12 PM
Quote from: a3uge on September 16, 2015, 12:13:14 PMOf they score a single point, Valpo needs to close its football program.
I would not say that because there could be a fluke TD, but if the game is competitive there is certainly an argument.

With an emphasis by the coaching staff to preserve a redshirt and keep Clarke in the game, it would make sense that Valpo have the QB turn around and hand it off the entire game. Brandon Hall should be held out again and maybe Legend and whoever is next in line beyond he gets the bulk of the work.