• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

@ Jacksonville 11/21

Started by VULB#62, November 15, 2015, 04:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2624

Quote from: usc4valpo on November 24, 2015, 06:30:27 PMWas there any discussion why the injured player was left alone at half. That story is really upsetting.

The discussion I heard was quite one sided in terms of the player's mom hammering the coaches  :lol:

A few parents, along with the player's mom, indicated that MLB would likely receive a couple of emails on that specific issue and the training staff in general. One other player, I've heard, may have been left to make his own decision as to whether to return to the game after experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, blurred vision and light sensitivity. His helmet was not taken from him but probably shouldn't have been. He chose not to go back in. Don't know if that issue is going to be raised by the parents.

bbtds

Quote from: VU2624 on November 25, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: usc4valpo on November 24, 2015, 06:30:27 PMWas there any discussion why the injured player was left alone at half. That story is really upsetting.

The discussion I heard was quite one sided in terms of the player's mom hammering the coaches  :lol:

A few parents, along with the player's mom, indicated that MLB would likely receive a couple of emails on that specific issue and the training staff in general. One other player, I've heard, may have been left to make his own decision as to whether to return to the game after experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, blurred vision and light sensitivity. His helmet was not taken from him but probably shouldn't have been. He chose not to go back in. Don't know if that issue is going to be raised by the parents.

Oh my God! The parents are running the asylum and that's worse than the inmates.

If you can't trust a guy like Dave Cecchini with your son to instruct him on teamwork and making good decisions for the world of life that is ahead than why did you chose Valpo? Either let your sons go off to school or put them in a different school for "real whimps!"

VU2624

Quote from: bbtds on November 25, 2015, 09:55:51 PM
Quote from: VU2624 on November 25, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
The discussion I heard was quite one sided in terms of the player's mom hammering the coaches  :lol: A few parents, along with the player's mom, indicated that MLB would likely receive a couple of emails on that specific issue and the training staff in general. One other player, I've heard, may have been left to make his own decision as to whether to return to the game after experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, blurred vision and light sensitivity. His helmet was not taken from him but probably shouldn't have been. He chose not to go back in. Don't know if that issue is going to be raised by the parents.
Oh my God! The parents are running the asylum and that's worse than the inmates. If you can't trust a guy like Dave Cecchini with your son to instruct him on teamwork and making good decisions for the world of life that is ahead than why did you chose Valpo? Either let your sons go off to school or put them in a different school for "real whimps!"

So.....let's see....a player is left on the sidelines while the team, coaches and training staff leave the field and the answer is to trust everyone? This was a good decision including teamwork? You would have been on an island with that opinion.

Hopefully it was tongue in cheek.

Vinny

A mom yelling at coaches at halftime??? Seriously??? What a joke. We're further from D1 than I ever thought. 

VU2624

Quote from: Vinny on November 26, 2015, 04:40:49 PMA mom yelling at coaches at halftime??? Seriously??? What a joke. We're further from D1 than I ever thought.

What does mom yelling at the coaches regarding her son's medical situation have to do with Div I and whether Valpo is anywhere near it?

VULB#62

First of all:  Moms can yell at anyone. They are moms. End of story.

Next:  When you play in stadiums that hold 2500 spectators, by nature, it is really not "D-I"

Finally:  Mistakes were made. We are all human. This incident will get sorted out. We will learn and move on.

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 26, 2015, 09:22:19 PMFirst of all:  Moms can yell at anyone. They are moms. End of story. Next:  When you play in stadiums that hold 2500 spectators, by nature, it is really not "D-I" Finally:  Mistakes were made. We are all human. This incident will get sorted out. We will learn and move on.

Short and to the point. I like it.

VULB#62

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 21, 2015, 06:28:18 PM
One interesting note while watching the game on ESPN3, the JU announcers commented about the HFBC making this maybe his last year at JU.  They based this on 1) his kid (QB Kalen Bell) was graduating, 2) his superb winning record (51-21), and 3) that JU was going in a different direction in football *, they did not expect to see Kerwin Bell coaching JU next year.

Hmmmmm.  * Could that mean that because they committed to abiding by the PFL rules, he wants out of there?  Easy to speculate that knowing that if only purely need players would be used, his chances of recruiting the same athletes he's had in the past are now a thing of the past, he will be looking for better chances to win.  It should be noted that all players who were given "additional" aid that resulted in JU vacating games and accepting ineligibility for a PFL title, were allowed to still stay in school for this season (if NCAA eligible of course).

As expected Kerwin Bell is out at JU. (Saw this on Brad Collignon's Twitter page.)

Here's the link:   http://collegead.com/jacksonville-university-8/

He wanted full scholarship. JU didn't.  Contract not renewed. End of story.

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on December 04, 2015, 03:57:34 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on November 21, 2015, 06:28:18 PMOne interesting note while watching the game on ESPN3, the JU announcers commented about the HFBC making this maybe his last year at JU.  They based this on 1) his kid (QB Kalen Bell) was graduating, 2) his superb winning record (51-21), and 3) that JU was going in a different direction in football *, they did not expect to see Kerwin Bell coaching JU next year. Hmmmmm.  * Could that mean that because they committed to abiding by the PFL rules, he wants out of there?  Easy to speculate that knowing that if only purely need players would be used, his chances of recruiting the same athletes he's had in the past are now a thing of the past, he will be looking for better chances to win.  It should be noted that all players who were given "additional" aid that resulted in JU vacating games and accepting ineligibility for a PFL title, were allowed to still stay in school for this season (if NCAA eligible of course).
As expected Kerwin Bell is out at JU. (Saw this on Brad Collignon's Twitter page.) Here's the link:   http://collegead.com/jacksonville-university-8/ He wanted full scholarship. JU didn't.  Contract not renewed. End of story.

From your earlier quote you mentioned that the Jax players would be allowed to stay in school this season. Do you know if that's going to carry forward. I had heard that the aid, even if "inappropriate additional" would not be taken away from players over the course of their 4 years of eligibility. So a freshman from last year could still receive 3 additional years of whatever aid they were receiving. Your comment implies it was only for this season. Do you know which is correct?

VULB#62

I believe that aid was for the course of a remaining player's eligibility, not just one year.  However, this breach of league rules was happening in "previous years," so I don't quite know how many of the current team came under that provision.  I am assuming that this year's freshmen got the correct aid and maybe even last year's class as well.  So, of this year's team, I'm guessing the seniors  leaving, as well as juniors at a minimum would have retained the illegal aid.  Possibly the sophomores too. A best case for 2016 for other PFL opponents' benefit would be only next year's seniors would hold onto the additional aid.  But I'm thinking probably both seniors and juniors retain the illegal aid in 2016.  In 2017, it would only be that year's seniors (the juniors in 2016) and they'd be totally clean in 2018.  But this is pure quessing on my part with absolutely no foundation in fact  ???.

usc4valpo

school for real wimps? C'mon man. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Valpo is proclaiming themselves as Division 1, they should at least try to take actions in that manner.

There are 251 Division I football programs for real wimps that are having more success than Valpo.