• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Congratulations Adam Amin!

Started by valpopal, July 19, 2011, 02:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Congratulations to Adam Amin, VU's former student play-by-play and studio host for sports on radio, who has just signed a contract with ESPN to broadcast football, basketball, and Olympic sports.

valporun

Quote from: valpopal on July 19, 2011, 02:27:02 PM
Congratulations to Adam Amin, VU's former student play-by-play and studio host for sports on radio, who has just signed a contract with ESPN to broadcast football, basketball, and Olympic sports.

I saw this on Twitter too. I've sent him my congratulations there.

Also, another Valpo grad, Nick Galac, a former cross country and track athlete at VU, was recently hired by ESPNTheMagazine as a photo editor.

valpotx

That is a pretty cool achievement, congrats!
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

KL31NY

Quote from: valporun on July 19, 2011, 02:36:26 PM
Quote from: valpopal on July 19, 2011, 02:27:02 PM

I saw this on Twitter too. I've sent him my congratulations there.

Also, another Valpo grad, Nick Galac, a former cross country and track athlete at VU, was recently hired by ESPNTheMagazine as a photo editor.

Worked with Adam at WVUR-FM his senior year, my rookie campaign. Easily the best broadcaster and influence I've had at Valpo. No surprise where he is now, even at only 23-or-24-something years old. Congrats to Nick as well!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

agibson

Fantastic news!  Congratulations Adam!

Richly deserved. 

Sounds like college football is a sure thing?  With the rest, "college basketball, Olympic sports and baseball" being possibilities later in the year?

I hope the last three come true.  I might well watch some random game from one of those categories just to hear Adam do the broadcast.  I'm not sure I can muster even that much enthusiasm for college football ;)  (OK, OK.  Probably at least for a few plays.)

valpotx

Adam is currently calling the Sun Belt Championship game on ESPN2.  Funny that the Summit League game is on ESPN2 at the same time our game is on.  We can look at it as though it is us transitioning our success from that conference to the HL  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

KL31NY

One of his calls in the Sun Belt final (men's game, he called both finals today) made a SportsCenter tease going into a commercial break (edit: two straight times in the same show now). It's happened a few times before, but since the topic came up again courtesy of valpotx, figured it was worth posting.

He's getting some great exposure for an ESPN rookie and making the most of it with some great calls. Hope he can keep it up!
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valporun

It also helps Adam that he's open to all conferences. He doesn't arrogantly bias himself to the ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big 10 or SEC. I've heard him work SWAC, MEAC, MAAC, volleyball, football, men's and women's basketball, and he'll do some baseball or softball in the spring. Best of luck to him with the rest of this college sports season.