• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2016 Football Recruits

Started by VULB#62, January 19, 2016, 09:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2624

Chris Duncan is the QB who is/was visiting Valpo. Probably take a bit of time to get his paperwork together, submitted and accepted assuming he wishes to attend.

VULB#62

I believe he is scheduled for this weekend. If so he'll be attending the Wright State game at the ARC.  There will be 4000 there and the place will be rocking. Not a bad way to introduce Valpo to the young man.

IndyValpo

We have added a K Dimitrios Latsonas from Westmont, IL

VULB#62

That's good cuz Jake Newman is going into his senior year.

5-11, 170

Hudl snips show him reaching end zone on KOs (from 40 yd line in HS) consistently. Natural follow through on FGs and PATs.

Even caught a pass as a WR  8-)

vu72

Rated one of the top 100 kickers in his class.  Could be a very important addition.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3958135/highlights/251775576
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 13, 2016, 08:18:51 AMThat's good cuz Jake Newman is going into his senior year. 5-11, 170 Hudl snips show him reaching end zone on KOs (from 40 yd line in HS) consistently. Natural follow through on FGs and PATs. Even caught a pass as a WR  8-)

IIRC, Newman graduated in 3 years and is moving on.

VULB#62

Whoa, even more important that we signed this kid.

We then only have 3 players with a "K" listed under position on the current roster: Ng (F), Mercado (F), and Simpson (S).  Ng did a lot of punting last season. Don't know much about the other two.

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 13, 2016, 12:16:18 PMWhoa, even more important that we signed this kid. We then only have 3 players with a "K" listed under position on the current roster: Ng (F), Mercado (F), and Simpson (S).  Ng did a lot of punting last season. Don't know much about the other two.

Ng's always been listed as a punter going back to his recruiting. Not sure he's a PK at all.

I'll see if I can confirm Newman graduating but I'm pretty sure I either read it or had a conversation with someone about it at one of the games.

VU2624

I must be losing my marbles. Everything I've been able to confirm is that Jake Newman will be back in 2016.

historyman

Quote from: VU2624 on February 13, 2016, 10:52:19 PM
I must be losing my marbles. Everything I've been able to confirm is that Jake Newman will be back in 2016.

Seinfeld says Newman will be back.

! No longer available
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

IndyValpo

Add DB Jamari Booker from Kentwood, MI

IndyValpo

QB update here is the list of offers, updated and college commitments added:

Jimmy Seewald   Dearborn, MI           Valpo   
Chris Duncan   Woodland Hills, CA       
JP Petricca           Orland Park, IL          
Anthony Binetti   Huntley, Illinois       
Conner Lovely   Aurora, IL       
JD Ekowa           Plainfield, IL           Minn-Mankato   
Zach Hazlett   Dublin, OH                   Miami O   
P Bringingstool   Chippewa Valley, MI   Emporia State   
Peyton Huslig   Andover, Kansas   Garden City   
Luke Shepherd   Grayslake, IL           St Cloud   
Michael Frankl   Ames, IA                   Iowa State   
Danny Carollo   Lake Bluff, Illinois   Purdue   
Parker Gdula   Chagrin Falls, OH   Findlay   

Here are others we are at least following:

QB   Zach Eaton     Fishers, IN
QB   PJ Hurst             Pacific Palisades, CA
QB   Jack Telenko     Los Alimitos, CA
QB   Charlie Peterson     Lake Mary, FL
QB   Sam Carey          New Berlin, WS
QB   Jake Kissling    Stoughton, WS

vu72

Quote from: IndyValpo on February 17, 2016, 07:54:45 AM
QB update here is the list of offers, updated and college commitments added:

Jimmy Seewald   Dearborn, MI           Valpo   
Chris Duncan   Woodland Hills, CA       
JP Petricca           Orland Park, IL       
Joey Moore   Lombard, IL       
Anthony
Binetti   Huntley, Illinois       
Conner Lovely   Aurora, IL       
JD Ekowa           Plainfield, IL           Minn-Mankato   
Zach Hazlett   Dublin, OH                   Miami O   
P Bringingstool   Chippewa Valley, MI   Emporia State   
Peyton Huslig   Andover, Kansas   Garden City   
Luke Shepherd   Grayslake, IL           St Cloud   
Michael Frankl   Ames, IA                   Iowa State   
Danny Carollo   Lake Bluff, Illinois   Purdue   
Parker Gdula   Chagrin Falls, OH   Findlay   

Here are others we are at least following:

QB   Zach Eaton     Fishers, IN
QB   PJ Hurst             Pacific Palisades, CA
QB   Jack Telenko     Los Alimitos, CA
QB   Charlie Peterson     Lake Mary, FL
QB   Sam Carey          New Berlin, WS
QB   Jake Kissling    Stoughton, WS

Pretty sure Joey Moore is a wide receiver.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3171064/joey-moore
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

IndyValpo

Quote from: vu72 on February 17, 2016, 08:21:02 AMPretty sure Joey Moore is a wide receiver.

Well we really need a QB but perhaps not a WR acting as one.....he has been removed

IndyValpo

Latest two to commit:

Tyler Somers DE Wellington, FL
Tyler Newkirk DE Flossmoor, IL

Size-wise they look like OLB's....

VULB#62

I understand the football staff will do a second wave announcement within the week (+ or -).  Everything hinges on financial aid packages being completed and accepted.

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 27, 2016, 07:56:43 AMI understand the football staff will do a second wave announcement within the week (+ or -).  Everything hinges on financial aid packages being completed and accepted.

On break for the next couple of weeks so there may be some time available to put an announcement day together. I assume the official announcements will include the few twitter commitments of the past couple of weeks.

I don't know whether it's worth starting a spring thread but one qb and 1 returning rb with a carry from last year.

VULB#62

Last year I believe that second Twitter/FB release package looked just like the first release. 

VU2624

The above mentioned Chris Duncan has signed his LOI to Valpo according to twitter. Did so a few days ago apparently but snuck it past us.

IndyValpo

Quote from: VU2624 on February 27, 2016, 10:10:21 PM
The above mentioned Chris Duncan has signed his LOI to Valpo according to twitter. Did so a few days ago apparently but snuck it past us.
This is good news. 
Watch his hudl link. The football field at the beginning is probably the worst field I have ever seen.

Also we have added a second K CD Elion from Flossmoor, IL   

VULB#62

At around 3 PM today, the second wave of 2016 signees will be released.

https://twitter.com/valpoufootball

VULB#62

So .... it looks like they've added 10 or 11 new signees.  Not all of the signees were introduced by the standard VUFB Twitter splash page, so its a little hard to tell what all of the positions, hts and wts are.  Of those that got a splash screen, we have 2 DBs, 1 QB, 1 K, 1 LB.  The rest require going to recruit.co to get more info.  Gotta focus on the FSU BB game now.

VULB#62

Here's what I got so far:

Taylor Allen   DB   5' 10"   170   Zionsville   IN
Jamari Booker   DB   6' 0"   175   Kentwood   MI
Chris   Duncan   QB   6' 4"   190   Woodland Hills   CA
Chris   Elion           K   5' 10"   150   Homewood   IL
Bailey Gessinger   WR   5' 9"   160   Goshen   IN
Tyler   Newkirk    LB   6' 2"   190   Homewood   IL
Kyle Cartales   RB/DE  6' 1"  220   West Palm Beach   FL
Dimitrios Latsnas  K   5' 11"   170   Westmont   IL
Ron Williams   OL   6' 2"   315   Jacksonville   FL
Thomas   Hassel   ?   ?   ?      ?            

IndyValpo

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 18, 2016, 09:47:05 AMHere's what I got so far:
Taylor Allen   DB   5' 10"   170   Zionsville   IN
Jamari Booker   DB   6' 0"   175   Kentwood   MI
Chris   Duncan   QB   6' 4"   190   Woodland Hills   CA
Chris   Elion           K   5' 10"   150   Homewood   IL
Bailey Gessinger   WR   5' 9"   160   Goshen   IN
Tyler   Newkirk    LB   6' 2"   190   Homewood   IL
Kyle Cartales   RB/DE  6' 1"  220   West Palm Beach   FL
Dimitrios Latsnas  K   5' 11"   170   Westmont   IL
Ron Williams   OL   6' 2"   315   Jacksonville   FL
Thomas   Hassel   ?   ?   ?      ? 

This is where is got weird...We already announced Williams and Cartales in the first wave. Not sure why we did it again.  Hassel is a TE. There are two additional players who have said they were coming DB Sean Moore and DE Tyler Somers who have not been announced by VU.

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 18, 2016, 09:47:05 AMTaylor Allen   DB   5' 10"   170   Zionsville   IN
This means Derrik Smits will have a high school classmate on the football team after Alex Green is graduated.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/taylor-allen/MuZDARyiEeOZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm