• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #5 @ Morehead State

Started by VULB#62, September 24, 2016, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Yes, this team is doing much better than 2015, but has to find consistency.  Case in point -- we can't expect to win when we give up 11 TFLs for 29 yards.  A couple of those TFLs were on that failure to score a TD from inside the 5 that resulted in only a FG.  That 4 point swing right there was the difference in the final score.

VU2624

All due respect to other posters, referring to pass protection as great is completely incorrect. While I think the QB contributed to a complete inability to step into a throw, there was also significant pressure on him throughout the game. Good pass protection was what Gahafer had. With that said, some of the decisions with the protection provided were just mindboggling.

The ground game blocking was spotty at best. Most of the good runs were edge runs in which lanes could be isolated. When it came to man on man, get me a yard when we need it, it was not only not good....it was attrocious.

Playcalling at the goal line needs to be revisited without Boxrucker in there. I'm not sure the right personnel is in there in the first place.

Can Coach Moore dial anything up to stop a team at the end of a game? That's 4 times in 3 years.

VU6957

Defense was good enough to win.  Game was lost due to offense not producing more than 1st down on last two drives.  They had a chance to eat clock and put it away but left it to the defense to have to get a stop against a good QB.