• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 12 @ Texas A&M Wed-Dec 19 7:30 PM Judgement or Redemption?

Started by justducky, December 18, 2018, 10:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

VU2014

Yep...  :'(

Quote from: VU2014 on December 19, 2018, 07:28:16 PM
The first 5-10 minutes will prove to me if this team has "it" tonight. If they don't bring the effort we have some very real issues...

VU2010

If you're watching this game right now, you're laughing out loud. Literally everything we've been mentioning is happening. No defensive adjustments. Lacidasical. Half court offense is terrible. No rebounding. Sloppy turnovers. AND after making his first 3, a BUNCH of early bricks!!!! Horrible.

VU2010

At least our uniforms are clean - with all that laundry we're doing. Team has SERIOUSLY regressed. Have a hard time believing they forgot how to play and became worse defenders and shooters. So, what gives?

mj

8:32 left in the first half and we have 7 points?!?

I think this ship is taking on water...
I believe that we will win.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

At 12 minutes in we are really locked in and killing their butts.  NOT.

Wait.  That's not the right game. 10:07 and we are down at 7-22.

I personally admire Matt greatly, but this team is not coached properly to deal with D-I opposition.

Build on tough defense, stop their scorers, get your points off of defensive stops.

This team is in deep trouble -- and I can't even get the video feed.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

I hate to say it but I am on the verge of finding something else to do with my time tonight. I can't take this again after what I saw Monday. Not ready. Again. I now count at least 5 times in the past season and a half (Missouri State Purdue Northwestern Ball State and tonight and I'm sure I'm missing a few) where the team simply didn't show up and has gotten blown out. Lottich can recruit but he can't motivate. My patience is getting very thin. I'm tired of seeing Valpo get embarrassed and being told a bunch of generalities about trusting the process. A process implies forward movement and I see none. Forget waiting until next year we may have to cut bait much sooner on Coach Take-the L. MLB can't be watching this and be happy with what he's seeing. We'd better come out and crush it in conference play.

oklahomamick

I feel your frustration.  ML not going to cut Lottich.  The question is how long is his contract? 

Freeman can play!

Do you guys remember when we used to be good?  That was fun
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2014

valpopal

Quote from: VU2014 on December 19, 2018, 04:46:38 PM
I don't think I can ever remember a stretch of time in my fandom of this program when morale across the fan-base & student body has been so low.

What he said!  :(

valpotx

They aren't even running, and are jogging back.  I challenge their testicular fortitude at this point...
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Quote from: VULB#62 on December 19, 2018, 07:58:12 PMI can't even get the video feed.

Me too but probably not a big loss given the situation.  We could make national news via a fall on your face performance. This could break their confidence for the entire season and then, if we finish in the bottom two, Whether or not Matt is the guy, needs to be called into question.

I was concerned we wouldn't get to 18 in the half! Whew!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

Average recruit ranking be damned.  We don't even look like we belong in D1 at this point.
"Don't mess with Texas"

nkvu

Missed the first half and just tuned in.  Someone please tell me the team missed the plane and A&M is playing a pick up team composed of managers, cheerleaders, and tall guys plucked out of the stands. I mean really, Valpo couldn't have scored only 18 in the entire first half could they?  I hope this is a pay game so we get something out of it.

Tell me again how much talent this team has.

Or is it the coaching?

FWalum

Enough with the stand around the arc offense.  Start Mileek at the 4 with a more traditional look.  One possession Mileek had his man PINNED big time and Fazekas just looked at him like he had never seen that before.  At least Mileek looked like he had some energy and his size matches better with the thicker Texas A&M athletes.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VUSL98

oklahomamick

Smits at the 5 with Malik at the 4.  Fazekas at the 3 (he can't rebound anyway) Freeman at the 2 and Lavender at the point. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VULB#62

Coaching, KY.  Matt wasn't ready to move off Bryce's base