• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #16 Valpo vs Bradley 1/8/19 @ ARC 7pm espn+

Started by VU2014, January 06, 2019, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

VUGrad1314

+4 on the boards  10 assists +13 on the scoreboard Not too shabby. Fazekas came out in a boot. Not good. Hope that's just precautionary.

hailcrusaders

Up double figures and the students are sitting...
#CrusadersForever

FieldGoodie05

I don't think I have ever wanted to turn off the TV so badly (disgust) with a double-digit lead

hailcrusaders

We've done this thing where we take the air out of the ball too early since the Drew days. Looks like we'll hold on today but a stronger opponent would've made us pay.
#CrusadersForever

IrishDawg

Barring any major comebacks, Valpo will be all alone in first place in the MVC after tonight.

VULB#62

Quote from: IrishDawg on January 08, 2019, 08:49:41 PM
Barring any major comebacks, Valpo will be all alone in first place in the MVC after tonight.

:o

Done deal. I just checked the standings, and there we were, 3-0 alone atop the MVC. 4 game win streak also leads the MVC.

nkvu

Gutsy win without Fazekas. Some good play by Bakari after they cut the lead to 5.

Hope the Fazekas ankle isn't too bad.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 08, 2019, 08:44:00 PM
We've done this thing where we take the air out of the ball too early since the Drew days. Looks like we'll hold on today but a stronger opponent would've made us pay.

Bingo!  I suppose the idea (besides running clock) is to limit our opponents easy transition buckets if we press unnecessarily.  But man it's annoying to watch as a fan.

oklahomamick

Home run ball!!!!!  Has Wardle ever seen that play?   :crazy:

Announcers were bragging on Wardle's record. 

What is his record against Valpo? 

I always though he under achieve with a Green Bay roster that had two NBA draft picks. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Sit back relax and enjoy guys! It took us until game 11 vs Indiana State to get our third conference win last year. This year we did it 8 games earlier. The defense was outstanding. We hit our free throws down the stretch and the offense made the plays it had to late in the game. This is a time for joy and optimism. Every team has its flaws so I'd say we're doing all right for ourselves right now. Go Valpo!

usc4valpo

Let's celebrate folks, things are looking up. Valpo students need to quit the wine and cheese attitude and support these guys

oklahomamick

How about our freshman Freeman!!!!!  He was almost 20% of our points tonight.  So glad he chose Valpo.  Our other freshman Sackey is playing well too. 
CRUSADERS!!!

M

This team has played real well on defense the last 3 games. Offense comes and goes and that will need some attention, willing to give tonight a pass since Fazekas went down. Congratulations on a great start and a nice mid season turn around by the team and coaching staff. Keep the winning going!

VUBBFan

Complain when we lose complain when we win, some people are never satisfied. I don't care, I'm happy  with any win pretty or ugly.

Gritty signs undefeated. Ya!!

https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1082840312094117894

M

Who is complaining?

Side note: really enjoyed listening to the radio guys interview Coach Gore. They did a real nice job not only with the interview but also with analysis!

VALPO LI

8 signs and 5 students painted brown and gold! :thumbsup: :thewave: :thewave:
Shine on Vu

VU2014

Quote from: M on January 08, 2019, 09:32:42 PM
Who is complaining?

Side note: really enjoyed listening to the radio guys interview Coach Gore. They did a real nice job not only with the interview but also with analysis!

Agreed Danny and Will do a hell of a job. They are a great radio duo and do a good job on the radio call. If you guys ever get a chance to listen to the post game show I'd highly encourage it. Coach Gore does about a 5 minute radio post game interview and he is very candid and give great insight into the game. It's on WVUR.

FieldGoodie05

Paul Oren commented he thinks Freeman is likely the guy looking to replace some of Fazekas offense in the short term (paraphrased).  I guess I've never thought of Freeman filling that roll on a junior laddened team.

Arguments could be had for Freeman, Evelyn and Golder to pick up the torch.  Nice to have 3 options when an all world shooter is sidelined for a minute.

AND if Smits can watch foul trouble he's just as capable depending on the opponent.  He and Jay are going to be more pedestrian in MVC (an opinion) because not many play with a traditional big that he can move well against.  I really thought this was going to be the game Smits showed up again (15+ points), because Koch for Bradley is not as mobile as Krutwig, Fayne etc etc

valpotx

Really hope that Fazekas is only out a few games, but a boot is never a good sign.

Good to gut out this win, without a key player for much of the game.  Can't complain about a 3-0 start!

I feel terrible for the sideline reporter, as she totally choked talking to Lottich at the beginning of halftime.  You could tell that she was losing her question while speaking, but you know what, she did show some grit in apologizing and throwing it back to Todd :).
"Don't mess with Texas"

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2014 on January 08, 2019, 09:42:28 PM
Quote from: M on January 08, 2019, 09:32:42 PM
Who is complaining?

Agreed Danny and Will do a hell of a job. They are a great radio duo and do a good job on the radio call. If you guys ever get a chance to listen to the post game show I'd highly encourage it. Coach Gore does about a 5 minute radio post game interview and he is very candid and give great insight into the game. It's on WVUR.

Agreed, I have TuneIn radio for post game during all home games.  They made a plea to students listening to fill the bleachers which was nice.  Candid and maybe embarrassing to admit it's a problem, but I suppose ignoring the problem like it doesn't exist is asanine.

Any word on final overall attendance?

talksalot

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 08, 2019, 09:04:41 PMWhat is his record against Valpo? 

NOW, it's 6-9 overall.... 1-2 with that Peoria School... 5-7 with that "team from the tundra"