• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #17 @ SIU Saturday Jan 12th 3pm

Started by VUSWIM08-12, January 10, 2019, 01:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Quote from: wh on January 12, 2019, 02:10:21 PM
Notice the difference between Hinson's sincere compliment of Drake shooting the ball well, and Wardle's backhanded compliment crediting our players for hitting some lucky shots. Class vs. classless.

It's probably all the bitterness built up of Valpo besting him most of his career.

valpo84

Glad to see NWI Times picked up on my earlier post themes....  8-)
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

VU2014

wh

Quote from: VU2014 on January 12, 2019, 01:57:00 PM
Ryan Fazekas is out for today's game.

Game Prediction: 79-65 SIU wins

We need to keep the ISU team score in the upper 50's to lower 60's to have any chance of stealing a win on their home court. Without Ryan's 3-point shooting ability to worry about, rest assure they are going to double our centers every time they touch the ball.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2014 on January 12, 2019, 02:16:04 PM
Quote from: wh on January 12, 2019, 02:10:21 PMNotice the difference between Hinson's sincere compliment of Drake shooting the ball well, and Wardle's backhanded compliment crediting our players for hitting some lucky shots. Class vs. classless.
It's probably all the bitterness built up of Valpo besting him most of his career.

We've had plenty of success against both. One's just a better human being than the other. As for the game I think we'll have a real chance if we stick to what's gotten us this far.

VU2014

The game is being broadcast on NBC Sports Chicago if you are in the blackout zone

FWalum

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

NativeCheesehead

2017 Derrik and 2017 Jay in the lineup today.

VUGrad1314

My goodness do we ever miss Ryan.  Hope he recovers really soon.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

I think our best offensive strategy for this game is to get out in transition.  Play good defense, as we are, but to push the ball before they can get set. 
CRUSADERS!!!

jloose128

The score on the crawl on the ESPN3 broadcast has been wrong for so much of this game  ???

VUGrad1314

oklahomamick

Yes, but only Valpo's score has been incorrect. 

That turnover by Freeman might have been the first real freshman mistake I've seen him make.  Big fan of Freeman
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Up 7 at the break without Fazekas? I'll take that!

SanityLost17

I'm glad we are up but man....  our bigs need to get their heads in the game.  Specifically Smits.   He rebounds in the 2nd half and maybe we pull this out.

FieldGoodie05

That Valparaiso commercial really needs to be redone because the girl says "passion, it's what comes out of us uncontrollably".

The only thing that comes out of me uncontrollably is diarrhea and vomit...

NEXT

VALPO LI

Great Halftime clip about Golder's half court shot vs Illinois State on TV.  Can anyone share it. :thumbsup:
Shine on Vu

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on January 12, 2019, 03:52:53 PM
That Valparaiso commercial really needs to be redone because the girl says "passion, it's what comes out of us uncontrollably".

Ok Ok, maybe too graphic for some but my point stands. Mr Oklahomamick tells my example hit too close to home since he has an 8-month old at home 😜😜😜

NEXT

VUBBFan

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 12, 2019, 03:44:08 PMYes, but only Valpo's score has been incorrect. That turnover by Freeman might have been the first real freshman mistake I've seen him make.  Big fan of Freeman
I thought the same thing, and when they were wrong for SIU, it was to the plus side.

VUGrad1314

Getting outhustled. Not happy with the last 3 minutes or so.

FWalum

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on January 12, 2019, 03:52:53 PM

NEXT
I have hated that commercial since it first came out... oops
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VULB#62

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 12, 2019, 04:27:55 PM

SIU goes for ORBs. We still do not.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VULB#62 on January 12, 2019, 04:30:52 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 12, 2019, 04:27:55 PM

SIU goes for ORBs. We still do not.

No consistent hustle to close this game, we deserve to be had if it should be...