• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #19 UNI at the ARC 1/19/19 3pm

Started by VUSWIM08-12, January 18, 2019, 12:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jloose128

nkvu

Another good win for the team. Smits was a beast, Evelyn played a lot better and Kiser showed his usual good D and hustle. They had the grit to do what was needed to put the game away.

oklahomamick

1.  Good game by the bigs and especially smits.  Will he make 1st team?  It's early but The conversation will develope.

2.  Golder is efficient.  Is his highlight reel better than hammick?

3.  Freeman didint score much and green had over 20.  But this kid can play defense.  We depend on him and he has been consistent.  Great recruit.    This might be the best valpo freshman?
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2014

Quote from: jloose128 on January 19, 2019, 04:47:13 PM
This officiating is....bad.

The moving screens on UNI all night weren't called and that was half their offensive possessions. I liked how Coach put Freeman on Green at the end of the game and had more success defending him.

VU2014

Great win today! That was probably the most complete game Valpo has played all year and there is still a ton of room for improvement. It was great to see Bakari shake off that scoring funk he was in. Maybe this game gets him going for the rest of the season.

vu72

Overall, a very solid showing.  Are guys did what they needed to do.  Great game from Derrik and so glad to see Bakari healthy again.  I think that once Ryan is back (still in the boot  :() we will be hard to beat.  Every time the ball went to a wide open Kiser in the corner, the shot doesn't go up--correctly!  With Ryan getting those looks the ball will go up and in, about 50% og of the time.

AJ Green belongs in the BIG.  He is a complete stud.  We put our best defender on him and all he did was score 25.

When you look at the stats, foul shots were about even but we dominated the boards.  They are a very well coached team.  GREAT WIN!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

crusader05

This was a fun game to watch. Could never quite relax but being the lead the whole time meant overall it was a thrill.

talksalot

About 3100 in the ARC today.  Rockin.  Hope next Saturday night we get a big crowd.  Drake. 

For you over-under fans, Sackey 1 assist, 1 turnover.

VALPO LI

Good fan support for this game.  ESPN has the attendance at 3,160 nice showing for a snow day :thumbsup:
And the student section seemed full!!!!! It would be great for a  fraternity/sorority to be in those bleachers every game!  Correct me if I am wrong but were the students standing in the second half of the game?
Great to see :clap:
Shine on Vu

talksalot

If you liked it once, valpo-area Comcast get the replay at 7pm tonight, channel 200.  If their guide is accurate.

VUBBFan

Quote from: VALPO LI on January 19, 2019, 06:17:01 PMGood fan support for this game.  ESPN has the attendance at 3,160 nice showing for a snow day :thumbsup: And the student section seemed full!!!!! It would be great for a  fraternity/sorority to be in those bleachers every game!  Correct me if I am wrong but were the students standing in the second half of the game? Great to see :clap:

The students were great engaged, and did stand for almost the entire game. Only thing is they could work on some cheers but this was probably the best showing of students in the last year and a half. Great job students!

VUBBFan

valpotx

Fun game.  I can't believe that this hasn't been pointed out yet, but we are now 3-24 against UNI.  I remember that when we first entered the HL, we had some bad records to turnaround, and we did.  I look forward to doing the same in the MVC :thumbsup:
"Don't mess with Texas"

M

Great game, very good atmosphere, nice giveaway!

5-1! Never would've guessed this was coming during the non conference.

VUGrad1314

Great game! Offense and defense were solid throughout so was the rebounding. Smits Golder and Evelyn paced the offense but I saw solid contributions throughout the roster. Kiser played very well. Lavender's 3 and Sorolla's block were huge. It's great to see Sackey's shot come online. Freeman was quiet offensively but he made winning plays as he always does. Evelyn had one of his best games and looks to be rounding into form. That's really good news for us. It seemed like every time we needed a big shot we got one. I love this team and the way they fight. Now let's try to get another MVC road win against Indiana State  at the Hulman Center! Go Valpo!

VU2014

If you want to take shots a Valpo for the facilities, fine. We all grumble about them ourselves. But to take a shot at us as a member of the Conference when we just beat you and we're now tied for first in the Conference is idiotic.

UNI is a fine and successful program but some in their fan-base have some kind of ego...

https://twitter.com/Brett_Crawford/status/1086718522875699200
https://twitter.com/Brett_Crawford/status/1086713484157599744
https://twitter.com/Valpo_Hoops/status/1086803491878825985

VUGrad1314

The arrogance and entitlement from some of their fans made this win a little sweeter. Three messages for UNI:

1. Scoreboard.

2. Standings.

3. Have a nice day and we'll see you in Cedar Falls real soon.

may know

Wait a second. The guy who always bashes us on MVCFans (and now Loyola and Murray St) is BCPanther.

The initials of the UNI fan on twitter are "BC".

Looks like this delusional nutjob has continued his rampage on multiple social media platforms. Probably angry about his "Everyone has a chance to finish top 4 but Valpo" prediction.

may know

I wasn't kidding when I suggested our fans on MVC board eviscerate him. I'd like to see him spew his venom in person, instead of always hiding behind his keyboard in overalls.

VUGrad1314

I won't impugn an entire fanbase because of one or a few idiots but certain members of that fanbase are as bad as any Wichita State fan I've ever seen on MVCFans.

And to be fair to him his take wasn't necessarily wrong at the outset. We had given no indication whatsoever in nonconference play that we would or could contend, but his take has aged more poorly and more quickly than almost any poor aging take I've ever seen.

wh

Quote from: VU2014 on January 19, 2019, 08:06:32 PM
If you want to take shots a Valpo for the facilities, fine. We all grumble about them ourselves. But to take a shot at us as a member of the Conference when we just beat you and we're now tied for first in the Conference is idiotic.

UNI is a fine and successful program but some in their fan-base have some kind of ego...

https://twitter.com/Brett_Crawford/status/1086718522875699200
https://twitter.com/Brett_Crawford/status/1086713484157599744
https://twitter.com/Valpo_Hoops/status/1086803491878825985

I agree. When we criticize our facility, it's all in the interest of wanting to become the best program we can possibly be. When an outsider does it, it infuriates me, especially from someone from a public university that receives taxpayer money to fund all their crap.