• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #20 Valpo @ Indiana State 1/23/19 6pm espn3

Started by VU2014, January 23, 2019, 12:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

turnover city

Time to see the twin towers.  why not?
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 23, 2019, 07:20:41 PM"overdue for a sub par performance" means that you can only be gritty for so long before wearing down mentally and physically.  Games every 3 days, bus rides and classes. Have to be able to break down teams with tactics and shooting rather than gritty.

Excuses. These kids know what they signed up for as student athletes. Effort cannot and should not ever wane throughout a season and that's what we're seeing tonight an absolute absence of effort and that is not acceptable. Just an absolutely embarrassing performance tonight. Paging Ryan Fazekas Your presence is urgently requested

bigmosmithfan1

Is there a good reason why Smits tries to lay everything in (leaving him open to missed bunnies like tonight) instead of just dunking the damn thing whenever he gets the chance?

mj

7 min left and looks like the boys have thrown in the towel. Good job.
I believe that we will win.

valpo64

A terrible performance by everyone....Bakari should get his head out of his rear end and at least act like he cares.  Why is he getting so much playing time the way he he performing tonight?  Matt needs to chew some you know what and fire these guys up.   They are playing like they don't give a damn, to be blunt about it.  I am going to watch Bradley kick IL ST.  At least the Redbirds act like they want to win...some of the time.

oklahomamick

Forget twin towers.  Time to get the guys in who never play.  Save the legs.
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

Absolutely pathetic how we still make passes without first looking if there is a defender in wait, and also just half ass the pass to our guy.  How about teaching them to throw with emphasis on every single pass, and to look before passing?  WTF....
"Don't mess with Texas"

bigmosmithfan1

Quote7 min left and looks like the boys have thrown in the towel. Good job.

This looks like the Tom Smith years. Fall behind and then just pack it in. No fight at all.

oklahomamick

Ok, I'm going to watch Bryce vs.#1 ranked Tennessee.  Currently they are tied with 9 minutes to go.
CRUSADERS!!!

valpolaw

The ugly brown jerseys that look like feces are symbolic of the teams play tonight

VALPO LI

Frustrating to watch....
Because we are better than this!!!
Starters so far Smits 14 pts...other 4 starters combined for 14 pts....
Golder 6
Freeman 4
Kiser 4
Sackey 0
can't win games if we can not score.
Shine on Vu

valpotx

No effort from our guys over the last 15 minutes...
"Don't mess with Texas"

LennySax

The sad part is I don't think Indiana State is that good.

nkvu

When we decide to suck we don't mess around. We reeeealy suck. Both half's, every phase. Nothing to do but try to get off the court without getting anybody hurt.

Move on to the next game and hope the real team shows up. Maybe remind them the object is to put the ball in the basket, not just hand it to the other team.

bigmosmithfan1

Why are some of the starters still on the floor? Jeez, Matt. Be smart here.

VUGrad1314

I can think of a word that rhymes with gritty to describe tonight's effort. They better come ready to play Saturday night because they darn sure weren't ready tonight. Might be time to change up the lineup again but I can't think of how exactly it should look

bigmosmithfan1

Never mind. We only dressed 9 tonight. That's why some starters are still in.

oklahomamick

"Be smart" is replaced with hard work and gritt. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpo64

This was an embarrassing and disgusting effort tonight.  They should have stayed in Valpo tonight because they sure didn't show up in Terre Haute.  Terrible!

VU2014

Someone else needs to start the game thread for Drake game this Saturday.

valpotx

At least Bradley beat Illinois State, so we are in second place for another few days.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2010

Oh ok - I forgot ... we always have to make excuses. Duh - they're in class. My mistake. And, they play basketball games. Embarrassing on my behalf - my apologies.

oklahomamick

I think its very telling that Malik did not play very many minutes despite the game being out of reach. 
CRUSADERS!!!