• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #21 Valpo vs. Drake 1/26 7pm ESPN3 HOF Night

Started by M, January 25, 2019, 09:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VALPO LI

It is boy band night tonight....does that mean the Backstreet boys will perform at halftime?
Shine on Vu

NativeCheesehead

Most of the students weren't even alive during the intial boy band craze.  I still have nightmares of my high school girlfriend doing the old "record songs off the radio" boy band mixtape and playing it EVERY time we went anywhere. Needless to say it didn't work out.

valpo64

This morning's line was that it is a "pick 'em" game.  We need a big win so go Crusaders!  Let's hope we have a good turnout tonight.  We are due for a good effort.

usc4valpo

What was the boy band Cartman created in South Park?

bbtds

Quote from: usc4valpo on January 26, 2019, 11:25:10 AM
What was the boy band Cartman created in South Park?
Cartman and the loose wheels?

Eric and the doughnut holes?

The dead Kennys.?

Eric, Kenny, Stan, Kyle and the Chef pervertions?

VALPO LI

Better yet what boy band did Bart Simpson and pals join
YVAN EHT NOIJ!!!
Shine on Vu

NativeCheesehead

South Park was my high school years as well. And Cartmans boy band was Fingerbang. Don't tell my wife I remember that.

So.....basketball and stuff?

VUGrad1314

I knew I just wasn't sure if it was okay to type it. Cartman also started a Christian music group called Faith+1

The boy band Bart and many of the boys from Springfield joined was the Party Posse produced by L.T. Smash later revealed to be Lieutenant Smash. Some memorable quotes from that episode are (in addition to Yvan Eht Nioj)

"Nobody pouts going into a jiggy"--Milhouse Van Houten responding to NSYNC's dance tips

"I'm a pop sensation!"--Ralph Wiggum

"You call that a flirt?! I'M NOT MELTING!"--Dance Choreographer

"And close with a Matrix" (NSYNC members do classic aerial matrix pose One member soon falls on face)

"The hippie fantasy again, Lieutenant?" "It's becoming much less frequent sir. Said after Smash's superior officer sees Smash slip into a deluded fantasy about anti-American hippies attacking the army

Source: Way too much TV in my younger days

justducky

South Park?  Boy bands?  If you guy keep this up I'll shift things over to politics!  ::)

VU2014

What is everyone thinking for attendance tonight?

VUGrad1314

Saturday night... Weather's not bad... Big game... Heavy region presence on the other team may draw some folks from Lake County... I'd say anything under  3500-4000 is pretty disappointing.

justducky

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 26, 2019, 12:55:46 PM
Saturday night... Weather's not bad... Big game... Heavy region presence on the other team may draw some folks from Lake County... I'd say anything under  3500-4000 is pretty disappointing.
Just glanced at the available seating charts and there may only be 75 to 100 lower bowl seats open.  :thumbsup: Also looks like a fair number of mezzanine are also spoken for. I'll guess  ??? 3200 minimum----4100 maximum. The bigger question is "has the community noticed" ?

VU2014

I'm thinking 3,400 or just a shade over 3,500 if we get a strong student turnout, which I'm not sure about.

VALPO LI

I am going to say 4,000+ only because it's boy band night!  This is a Saturday night prime time game that we all wanted!  I only hope I don't see all blue across the floor like last years ISUb game.
Shine on Vu

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

humbleopinion

Quote from: vu72 on January 26, 2019, 02:02:42 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 26, 2019, 12:55:46 PMWeather's not bad

Really?  Looks like teens and heavy snow, right?

Snow around an inch total.  It seems like people realize this period with the temperature in the double digits may be as warm as it will be for a while.  Lots of folk in stores today.  I guess 3875 for attendance.
Beamin' Beacons

valpo84

Was there a group of guys at Valpo around 2004-05 that did boy band dance routines at halftime.  I vaguely recall seeing a routine at a game when my son went on his Valpo HS visit weekend?  Anybody?  Everybody?
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

valpotx

Valpo is now the favorite at -1.5

Valpo 68
Drake 62

3,432 fans in attendance
"Don't mess with Texas"

M

NativeCheesehead

Yeah this snow will scare off the fair weathers. We'll be under 3k. I'll save that rant for tomorrow.

justducky

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 26, 2019, 05:24:57 PM
Yeah this snow will scare off the fair weathers. We'll be under 3k. I'll save that rant for tomorrow.

You can start your rant with me. I won't be there. :'(  In my defense in the last 4 days I have slipped and fallen in 3 different counties and I am reluctant to try for 4. The view from the pavement is very similar wherever you wander in Indiana.

usc4valpo

AranJacobs

wh

Smits in street clothes. Fazekas no where in sight. We are in serious trouble before the game even starts. Their big guys should have a field day.