• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Loyola at Valpo 2/10: Sunday Showdown

Started by VU2010, February 06, 2019, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

may know

As someone who takes their know-nothing-about-basketball mom to weekend games, I can attest her favorite things at the ARC are the band and spirit squads. Their value might seem obsolete to some diehards, but they can make the whole experience in bringing back casuals who are there for a fun night rather than basketball.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: may know on February 12, 2019, 07:59:43 PM
As someone who takes their know-nothing-about-basketball mom to weekend games, I can attest her favorite things at the ARC are the band and spirit squads. Their value might seem obsolete to some diehards, but they can make the whole experience in bringing back casuals who are there for a fun night rather than basketball.

Point taken, I've just never fully appreciated what cheerleaders bring to the table.  While I understand there is wide array of tastes, mine do not go with spirit squads.

I just took offense to the tenacity of a few that went for my throat.  I'd still like to see our student band better funded.  It puts butts in the student section seats (even during sub-par home games) and is far better than poor speaker quality in the ARC.

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum