• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #30 @ Bradley Wednesday 2/27/19 7pm

Started by VUSWIM08-12, February 25, 2019, 05:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

I'll give her one more try, do we still have a chance of being top 6? I hope Lottich and staff can string together some wins . The talents there but the coaching hasn't been . New game, new opportunity! Let's go !

GoldenCrusader87

Matt in this week's episode of Making Excuses Weekly: When's the last time we played a game healthy?

Todd: um... Saturday.

Matt: ok but when was the last game before that?

Todd: idk - never?

🤢

M

They are going to be short handed again, but I'll let someone else break the unfortunate news.

Think this will either rally the troops or finish um off. I'll go with rally.

mj

Quote from: M on February 25, 2019, 06:41:08 PMThey are going to be short handed again, but I'll let someone else break the unfortunate news.

Nah, you can just tell us now. We're all adults here...
I believe that we will win.

NativeCheesehead

I'm sorry man, but nothing pisses me off more than "I know something but I can't say," on a fan message board.

M

Guess you'll be pissed off for a little while then. 🤷‍♂️

EddieCabot

Quote from: M on February 25, 2019, 06:41:08 PM
They are going to be short handed again, but I'll let someone else break the unfortunate news.

Think this will either rally the troops or finish um off. I'll go with rally.

So, if you think it will rally the troops, is it really "unfortunate"? 

In any case, thanks for the info.  You're the man.

M

Yes it is unfortunate and yes I think it could rally the troops...like a win one for the gipper type thing.

NativeCheesehead

No it's unfortunate you feel the need to validate yourself on an internet message board by claiming to have "insider" info. And heck, maybe you do. But does ruining other's sports day make you feel better?

This board has been above that in the past. And thank you to those that do have some knowledge on this board who either do pass it on when they're able, or don't hold themselves above us as fans by teasing it when they can't.

M

Ok 👍. This board of people hiding behind screennames, calling for jobs is above me alerting you all I've heard the team will be short handed and allowing the proper people to break who and why. I'm going to need to refresh on the terms and conditions for this page again....

VUGrad1314

I'm going to take a guess: Fazekas is having his surgery or someone else (Golder? Sackey?) is being shut down for the year. That or perhaps somebody is transferring. I understand there's been some rumors around Smits and Sorolla's recent IG post seemed ominous to me.

VULB#62

But none of those really screams win one for the gipper. Well, maybe Fazekas going into foot/ankle surgery.

GoldenCrusader87

I don't appreciate the Gipper analogy. You, my friend, are the one hiding behind a screen with that anallogy. Idk what you could possibly be referring to that would deserve a comparison to Reagan's first big role as an actor in his portrayal of an ill-fated football star George Gipp in the 1940 film classic, Knute Rockne - All-American.

Hold my Pepsi 🤦‍♂️

VULB#62

Quote from: M on February 25, 2019, 08:22:18 PM
Yes it is unfortunate and yes I think it could rally the troops...like a win one for the gipper type thing.

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on February 26, 2019, 07:11:25 AM
I don't appreciate the Gipper analogy. You, my friend, are the one hiding behind a screen with that anallogy. Idk what you could possibly be referring to that would deserve a comparison to Reagan's first big role as an actor in his portrayal of an ill-fated football star George Gipp in the 1940 film classic, Knute Rockne - All-American.

Hold my Pepsi 🤦‍♂️

Huh?

VUBBFan

Quote from: M on February 25, 2019, 06:41:08 PMThey are going to be short handed again, but I'll let someone else break the unfortunate news. Think this will either rally the troops or finish um off. I'll go with rally.

I guess I'll break the news. Coach Lottich sustained a lower body injury during practice and will not suit up for the game. He will be regulated to pacing the sideline.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is sad news since the NCCA had just granted him a half year eligibility to be a player coach. This is why he had been practicing with the team.

NativeCheesehead

I just assumed dude was correct that someone was out and was showing off. That may still be the case. But I swear to Harre if he's BSing I'm gonna troll so hard.

EddieCabot

Quote from: M on February 25, 2019, 08:22:18 PM

Per Twitter quotes this evening, Lottich expects the team to be a full strength.  Maybe a smokescreen?

M

🤷‍♂️

may know

If the news is Lottich is on the shelf for a game while Mrs G & Mrs F get to call the end of half shots, I'm all in.

NativeCheesehead

VU2014

Quote from: VUBBFan on February 26, 2019, 09:25:17 PM
https://twitter.com/MichaelOsipoff/status/1100569473285795841

Wow. I knew Bakari had surgery but I didn't know it was his 3rd time. That's brutal. Well this might explain some of the struggles this season.

VUGrad1314

I humbly and sincerely apologize for being so hard on him.

VULB#62

That is a BIG PROBLEM that needs to be addressed by the Athletic Department and the MBB program.   

Why the hell wasn't the fan base/public told of this? 

Don't give me the arguement that it has to do with the requirement to keep individual's health records private. A general statement about this does not violate that — note:  I have made a living in that business environment.

Leading into the beginning of the season it makes ZERO difference, except, if handled well, it helps to manage fan expectations and gives the kid some breathing space. It's a normal thing.

But hiding this only creates conjectuture and speculation.  Bakari has been unfairly clobbered all season (myself included at times - sorry ) without understanding  the context. I can understand game to game gamesmanship, but this was an overriding mistake that hurt the kid, hurt our fans and has contributed to a growing negative vibe that has been and will be hard for this team to overcome