• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Arch Madness 2019

Started by VU2014, March 03, 2019, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How far will the Crusaders go at Arch Madness?

1st round (Thursday)
2nd round (Friday)
Semi-Finals (Saturday)
Championship Game (Sunday)
Going Dancing

VUBBFan

Just to say the experience of attending Arch madness is awesome. It is well put together, meeting other fans was great and the games exciting. Even if your team doesn't advance you still have a wonderful time. When they played this clip the whole place just exploded with excitement. The idiot yelling in the background is me.

https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1104992941142147072

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 08, 2019, 07:22:57 PMRant over.  It is just very frustrating. If wherever I go for graduate school has division 1 basketball I will be the same level of invested fan as I am with Valpo, but with that investment I expect results. Results that have been vastly underwhelming thus far.

And you could have been born in the 1920's and felt an obligation to serve in WWII fighting for your lives and the freedom of people to enjoy democracy before heading to Valpo as my uncle did. We all have to go through things that suck sometimes.

bbtds

Quote from: crusadermoe on March 10, 2019, 01:25:19 PM
That's a fair-minded simple explanation of where we stand, VU1314. 

I too suspect there is concern about the nosedive in Arch Madness attendance.   I hear that the Wichita fan base used to come in and swamp the downtown area.  Wichita probably just assumed with good reason they would play on Sunday.  I think Creighton brought fans by the many hundreds too in their heyday. 

I hear Valpo seated about 50 fans in their section.  By contrast Bradley fans took over the place late in their Friday game.  Does it matter?  It does to the MVC ticket sales and its future.

I think more Valpo fans show as the team does better in the MVC tourney. It's a wonderful tournament even if you don't win. Even Todd Thomas, the Cardinals "entertainment" guy who ran entertaining segments during the time outs was fairly enjoyable.   ;)

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on March 04, 2019, 10:50:41 AMBTW, I'll be taking in as much St.Louis Blues mojo as I can. That is one very hot team. But I will expect another (42nd) Stanley Cup playoff defeat. 0 for 51 seasons.

I am more than proud and elated to be totally wrong about my St Louis Blues. I can't really believe it. The Enterprise Center where Arch Madness takes place is the home of the Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues!